German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Which animal scares you? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/467890-animal-scares-you.html)

misslesleedavis1 07-07-2014 09:46 AM

Which animal scares you?

I think everyone has 1, for me its bats...i am downright terrified of them. Its the type of fear in which i tear up and run back to the car if i see one, the reason i stopped jogging at night. To me they are flying swooping creepy rabies machines.

Sarah~ 07-07-2014 10:07 AM

Spiders... I have terrible arachnophobia. I have panic attacks over even the tiniest of spiders and my boyfriend has to inspect my truck every day before I'll get in it ever since a spider nearly dropped on my head as I was driving and I almost lost control of the truck.

wolfstraum 07-07-2014 10:10 AM

Bats are cute!!!!

Monkeys are an animal - esp chimps - that I cannot understand people handling.....maybe it is because they get complacent with them....

I will - under the right circumstances - interact with a big cat much more confidently than with a Chimp....cougars can purr just like a cat and tigers are affectionate and very happy to see you when they know you!

Lee

gsdsar 07-07-2014 10:11 AM

Bears. Bears terrify me. To the point I refused searches in areas known to have bears.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Katos_Mom 07-07-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsdsar (Post 5741938)
Bears. Bears terrify me. To the point I refused searches in areas known to have bears.

THIS. I am terrified of bears. I used to have nightmares of bears coming and eating my family. I still do have nightmares of bears, but they have changed to more of an apocalyptic type nightmare bear dream.

*shivers*

Baillif 07-07-2014 10:17 AM

Sharks. A big shadow flying by under the surface of murky water is off putting enough, but knowing it's got rows and rows of serrated razor sharp teeth will eat regardless of whether or not it's really hungry and could at any time Mis-identify your foot dangling off the float as a wounded fish is enough to creep me out.

Sarah~ 07-07-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baillif (Post 5741986)
Sharks. A big shadow flying by under the surface of murky water is off putting enough, but knowing it's got rows and rows of serrated razor sharp teeth will eat regardless of whether or not it's really hungry and could at any time Mis-identify your foot dangling off the float as a wounded fish is enough to creep me out.

My boyfriend is afraid of whales. He thinks they are going to swallow him up lol.

misslesleedavis1 07-07-2014 10:21 AM

Bears only scare me when i am in my tent in algonquin, Monkeys and chimps are downright scary and i strongly feel that they should be left alone and not used in experiments, or studied or eaten..

Baillif 07-07-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah~ (Post 5742018)
My boyfriend is afraid of whales. He thinks they are going to swallow him up lol.

Even whales can be off putting to me. A big shadow of something lurking around below even if it's not a threat is just one of those things.

misslesleedavis1 07-07-2014 10:42 AM

My fiances youngest was afraif of sharks..he would not go tubing, wake skate or boarding, the issues was we live in ontario and there are absolutely no sharks in balsam lake. Funny enough there was a old guy that moved to canada from england and he was military. He pulled Brendan aside one day and told him he swam in shark infested waters and he survived, plus no sharks in balsam, its funny because all it took was a third party telling him that there were no sharks, he would not listen to his mom or dad- he swims in balsam like a champ now.