German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Bad times at the dog park (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/467761-bad-times-dog-park.html)

misslesleedavis1 07-06-2014 09:35 PM

Bad times at the dog park

We met a ski patrol friend at a dog park tonight, he has a shiloh shepherd and wanted to introduce us to her and also wanted to meet our pups, we had a very long day on the water but decided to head over to oshawa and have a visit. All went okay, Nera is a lovely girl but it was getting late and lots of the more undesirable people were moving in so we left. We stopped to say our goodbyes in the parking lot when a very upset man with a medium sized doodle type dog approached us almost in tears, his dog was playing down by the water and another dog approached him pounced on his neck and starting shaking, his dog had the bloody punture wounds and looked really shaken up :( he was really worked up and on the way to the vets. It was really sad. I have entirely no idea why some people feel it is okay to bring there agro dogs to the off leash areas. I really wonder what goes thru some peoples heads,

llombardo 07-06-2014 09:46 PM

I just recently started taking my golden swimming at a pond for dogs and I stick with him like flies on poop. If he is in the pond I'm in the pond. The only two problem dogs I have seen there so far were 2 GSD's. They should not have been there, one was a resource guarder and the other was stalking the dogs. The owners thought the behaviors were ok...I didn't and I kept my boy far away from those 2.

canyadoit 07-06-2014 09:55 PM

There is two sides to every story The truth is in the middle somewhere Maybe his dog wasnot a saint Dogs will be dogs as I say Off leash there is always a good chance that something neg will happen
I never will understand why people can not figure that out

llombardo 07-06-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canyadoit (Post 5740377)
There is two sides to every story The truth is in the middle somewhere Maybe his dog wasnot a saint Dogs will be dogs as I say Off leash there is always a good chance that something neg will happen
I never will understand why people can not figure that out

And sometimes certain dogs just don't belong there. In both cases I witnessed the other dogs were NOT doing anything to the GSD's. The bigger GSD was very focused on certain dogs and they wanted nothing to do with him, but he kept on stalking them, it was a fight waiting to happen. If he did that to either of my GSD's they would have corrected him and a fight would have happened, guaranteed

canyadoit 07-06-2014 10:30 PM

Any one who promotes dog fighting or sugest there dog will fight or guarantee there dog will fight is a ass imo Dog fights happen a given to guarantee you dog will fight is wrong

Jax08 07-06-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canyadoit (Post 5740521)
Any one who promotes dog fighting or sugest there dog will fight or guarantee there dog will fight is a ass imo Dog fights happen a given to guarantee you dog will fight is wrong

WHAT are you talking about? Nobody said anything about promoting dog fighting or suggesting their dog will fight.

And PLEASE use some punctuation so people do not have to read your posts 5 times trying to figure out what you wrote.

canyadoit 07-06-2014 10:53 PM

Realy try reading the third post down I quote "they would have corrected him and a fight would have broken out guarantee" Second I can care more as to you or anyone's oppion on my spelling gramer or sentance structure But I am not perfect so I never attempt to correct anyone Unlike you or others

Jax08 07-06-2014 10:58 PM

You are taking llombardo's post way out of context. She is telling you how her dog will react. My girl would react the same way and there would be a fight. She is not promoting dog fighting or bragging that her dog will fight. She's simply stating how her dog would react in that situation.

misslesleedavis1 07-06-2014 11:00 PM

Shiggies would react the same way with a dog that was dominant. Thats why shiggies does not frequent parks, I know shiggies and she has no problem throwing down, so we keep her away.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

canyadoit 07-06-2014 11:05 PM

Now telling me how to read words Gove it a break There is no contex to argue just words The word guarantee is the promotion of the dog fight But you win as I see little value in this