German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   How Was Your Fourth? :) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/467473-how-your-fourth.html)

LookingForTheLight 07-05-2014 11:53 PM

How Was Your Fourth? :)

Hey! Seeing as it is the day after the 4th Of July I wanted to hear all of yours were. How do you y'all celebrate? Any firework scares from your doggies? Have a good time? :)

Zeeva 07-05-2014 11:55 PM

Um no! First you tell us how YOUR 4th was. Unfair to start off a thread without answering your own question ;)

LookingForTheLight 07-06-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeva (Post 5736377)
Um no! First you tell us how YOUR 4th was. Unfair to start off a thread without answering your own question ;)

Oh! How impolite of me! ;) Well, this was my 11 month olds first ever 4th and we were in the house when the fireworks started and she was so scared at first then she started barking loudly and even 10 minutes after they stopped she was still whimpering and cowering into my legs. I hope with time she becomes more adjusted! :) Okay, now your turn ;)

Zeeva 07-06-2014 12:10 AM

Lol. Awe. Mine was similar to yours. Even at 4 my pup can't handle fireworks so I hunkered down with her and her mutt muffs...

llombardo 07-06-2014 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine slept most of the time. When they weren't sleeping they were outside playing. It was pretty loud with all the fireworks, music, and kids playing, but mine didn't care. Later after everything was wrapping up there was a drunk lady walking down the road(we have no street lights and I don't think she should have been walking in her condition) and I was standing in my doorway as she stumbled by. A couple cars that were leaving the same party tried getting her in the car, that is when my male GSD started barking. He usually doesn't bark at anyone, but this was his I mean business bark. I'm not sure if it was the drunk lady of the people trying to get her in the car that rubbed him the wrong way.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...1&d=1404620873

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 07-06-2014 10:45 AM

Mine was quiet .Spent the morning playing fetch w/ Lucky. The girls got walks that included some play in the pond and a needed trip to groomers. spent the afternoon on my husbands bike went to an ox roast and a get together where they had fireworks. Home by 9:30 . Lucky less then happy w/ all the noise from across the valley with fireworks. He ,the girls and I went to bed and I read. They slept.

dogfaeries 07-06-2014 11:39 AM

Mine was quiet too. As soon as it got dark, I crated the dogs with raw beef knuckle bones, and settled in with my new Amazon Fire TV to obsessively watch the BBC TV series Luther, LOL.

Sarah~ 07-06-2014 11:47 AM

Our house was crazy! Lots of fireworks, lots of people, lots of alcohol, everyone had a great time and we didn't even make the neighbors mad with all of the noise. We put on a show for our block :) The dogs stayed in their crates with Kong's stuffed with treats so they were happy. Fortunately neither are afraid of fireworks.

Pax8 07-06-2014 01:28 PM

Mine was pretty hectic. We had almost 100 dogs in boarding so feeding, exercising, and relief walking at the end of the day was nuts. After I got off, Kaiju and I had a nice long walk and a game of fetch. We caught a fireworks show at a nearby park. He didn't care about the fireworks at all, even though we had a front row seat. He was also on his best behavior and entertained a few of the kids with some silly tricks. Had a few people that were impressed with his manners come get my information for dog training and gained about four clients. So I would say it was a productive day. :)

AnyaGSD 07-06-2014 02:48 PM

Loud noises don't bother our girl at all. I took her to my work one day, walked right next to fork lifts, took her out back where the sheriff shooting range is 50' away. Couldn't have cared less. But if shes sleeping and you take one step away from her she is instantly ready to go with you. No sneaking away at all.

We did take Anya down to the parade, and she did great. Meet tons of people and other dog. Other than wanting to eat random items left in the street, it was a perfect outing. But trying to walk down crowded streets when everyone wants to greet her is a bit of a nightmare. Just have to suck it up and let them say hi.