HA! Can't keep me down! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch
Default HA! Can't keep me down!

I got tired of having not having the webz so I came down to the library to hang out for a few. Figured while I was here I'd give ya'll and update on what was going on and how things were. After months of just down right awfulness, things are finally starting to look up!

Jacob and I have been doing very well, making progress and we both are actually really happy. Happier than we have been in years actually. Therapy has been good for us.

He finally got hired on full time at his new job, this comes with insurance and a raise.

We have yet to start on our house, ugh, and we are not going to be where they originally were going to put us , and, we aren't getting the forth bedroom like we had hoped. It kinda stinks, but, I'm not stressing about it or wasting any energy on the negative. We will make it work, and its still a huge blessing to be able to even build a house with Habitat. They should be starting on our house very soon though, our new lot is covered in trees that need to be taken out and dirt brought in, they start that next week.

My oldest is going to be a SENIOR this year, yikes! My youngest is going into kindergarten! Time flies and I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cute off going all directions, lol.

All in all, I am happy, we are happy and things are looking up. I'm just that much closer to a GSD puppy! J/k....sorta.

Baily ~ GSD x ~ 13yrs
Buddy ~ Schnauzer X Jack Russell ~ 9yrs

GSDolch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Welcome back I'm glad things are looking up for you and I hope they continue to be good

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Beautiful! I love an upbeat attitude, and I love hearing that things are going so well for you. Though I know nothing about what you are talking about, it doesn't matter. All that matters is what you are going through now. Congratulations to you and your family!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

"Some people never end up going crazy...what a truly terrible life they must lead." - Unknown
Ellimaybel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thanks Shade! I wouldn't say I'm "back" totally, not yet anyways. Probably around Aug. we'll have it all back on at our place.

Elli, its been on heck of a ride! I had to drop internet and say my "goodbyes" here a few months back. Things were going good, then things got really bad (my husband and I separated) but things are looking good again. Sometimes things have to break before they can be fixed, and going to marriage therapy has helped us a lot, we've been able to move forward and move past lots of things we had been holding in from the past. We are still working on the trust, mainly on my part. I wont go into details, but he broke my trust BIG time (you can probably guess what happened lol). That though, has also made some progress. Still needs to be worked on, but its going forward and not backwards.

We are also building a house with Habitat for Humanity. Waiting is the biggest part, we already given our down payment and done all our community hours. I've waited this long, I can wait a few more months.

I try not to get a head of myself, I'm bad about that, then I overthink and come up with everything that can go wrong. A habit I am slowly breaking, lol.

Good marriage>house>GSD pup.......sounds like a good plan to me!

Anyways, my time is about up here. I will be back though, can't get rid of me. Later taters!

Baily ~ GSD x ~ 13yrs

Old 07-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Nice to see you. I'm glad that things are turning around. I've been in a similar situation. It is possible to rebuild trust and come through stronger.

The house will be amazing!
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDolch View Post
I got tired of having not having the webz so I came down to the library to hang out for a few. Figured while I was here I'd give ya'll and update on what was going on and how things were. After months of just down right awfulness, things are finally starting to look up!

Jacob and I have been doing very well, making progress and we both are actually really happy. Happier than we have been in years actually. Therapy has been good for us.

He finally got hired on full time at his new job, this comes with insurance and a raise.

We have yet to start on our house, ugh, and we are not going to be where they originally were going to put us , and, we aren't getting the forth bedroom like we had hoped. It kinda stinks, but, I'm not stressing about it or wasting any energy on the negative. We will make it work, and its still a huge blessing to be able to even build a house with Habitat. They should be starting on our house very soon though, our new lot is covered in trees that need to be taken out and dirt brought in, they start that next week.

My oldest is going to be a SENIOR this year, yikes! My youngest is going into kindergarten! Time flies and I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cute off going all directions, lol.

All in all, I am happy, we are happy and things are looking up. I'm just that much closer to a GSD puppy! J/k....sorta.
From another old school poster to another, glad to hear you're doing well. I am back on the forums as well, though unfortunately for not for happy reasons.

Marriage is definitely tough, but as long as both of you want it to work, it will. Have faith in yourselves.

Sasha 6/6/2006 - 7/1/2014
SashasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashasDaddy View Post
From another old school poster to another, glad to hear you're doing well. I am back on the forums as well, though unfortunately for not for happy reasons.

Marriage is definitely tough, but as long as both of you want it to work, it will. Have faith in yourselves.

Holy wow, hi! I'm sorry that its not for happy reasons and I hope things get better for you.

Baily ~ GSD x ~ 13yrs

Old 07-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

YAY! So good to hear from you and to find things going so well. I am sending positive thoughts your way that your home is built soon and you get to move in quickly!
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Glad things are looking up. Trust is hard to get back once its lost. I hope things work out for you. Good luck.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am happy to read that things are looking up for you! And I am thrilled that you guys sought our marriage counseling... since that's the field I am currently studying to go into I love to hear when people find the value in it.

Congrats on everything and keep your head up, you definitely have the right attitude!

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.