German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Child on a Flexi? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/461833-child-flexi.html)

Pax8 06-18-2014 10:14 PM

Child on a Flexi?
 
So I went to Kroger to pick up some snacks and while I was walking around, I ran across a woman with a five year old child in a body harness, hooked to a Flexi lead! I've seen kids on leashes before, but never on Flexi leashes! :eek:

So my question is what is the dumbest or most creative use of a Flexi lead you have ever seen (or used)? :D

Jax08 06-18-2014 10:24 PM

Absolutely Genius!

SuperG 06-18-2014 10:34 PM

Walking one's self on a Flexi...that way you never get too far from your "self".


SuperG

ZoeD1217 06-18-2014 10:40 PM

I prefer shock collars on my kids. The flexi lines always get crossed and tangled.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Pax8 06-18-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5661409)
I prefer shock collars on my kids. The flexi lines always get crossed and tangled.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I guess an ecollar would be less of a liability, huh? Less of a chance of a hyper kid wrapping itself around someone and amputating something with that cord! :D

ZoeD1217 06-18-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pax8 (Post 5661425)
I guess an ecollar would be less of a liability, huh? Less of a chance of a hyper kid wrapping itself around someone and amputating something with that cord! :D

My parents had the flexi leash for my dog when I was a little kid. I hated that thing for that exact reason!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Jax08 06-18-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperG (Post 5661393)
Walking one's self on a Flexi...that way you never get too far from your "self".


SuperG


Even better! You would never get lost!

Castlemaid 06-18-2014 10:54 PM

Stupidest use of a flexi I have ever seen:

A man walking his yellow Lab with a Halti on a flexi (for real!).

Halti did not do anything to give the man any control on the dog - the dog just braced him/herself against the head - collar and and ran across a multi-lane highway dragging his 16 feet behind him hanging on to the handle of the extended leash -

I'm still trying to figure out how a flexi on a halti on a dog that just braces itself and pulls is supposed to provide control?

As a disclaimer, I love my flexis!! BUT - I only use them for open areas, fields, and walks on my rural no-traffic roads, and my dogs are trained to come to my side in heel position when commanded, or, in winter, to jump up on the snowbanks and lie or sit down as when told - so instant response and control.

Any walk in any area where there is normal people or car traffic is on a regular lead.

Pax8 06-18-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castlemaid (Post 5661473)
Stupidest use of a flexi I have ever seen:

A man walking his yellow Lab with a Halti on a flexi (for real!).

Halti did not do anything to give the man any control on the dog - the dog just braced him/herself against the head - collar and and ran across a multi-lane highway dragging his 16 feet behind him hanging on to the handle of the extended leash -

I'm still trying to figure out how a flexi on a halti on a dog that just braces itself and pulls is supposed to provide control?

No idea :eek: I saw a similar one where a person threw a prong collar into that mix - head halter and prong both hooked up to the Flexi. I don't know if the prong was actually doing anything at that point, but it didn't make it any less stupid.

Castlemaid 06-18-2014 11:02 PM

A Halti AND a Prong on a flexi? Holy cow - was the dog under control at least with all that gear?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2