German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   GPS/Navigation App (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/460537-gps-navigation-app.html)

HarleyTheGSD 06-14-2014 06:29 PM

GPS/Navigation App

Can anyone tell me a good, reliable GPS/Navigation App? I've downloaded five, and they've all let me down. It's getting extremely frustrating. :mad:

Twyla 06-14-2014 11:20 PM

Phone app for navigation? I haven't found a good one.

I have to have reliable GPS for work. I went old school and have the .

Zeeva 06-14-2014 11:20 PM

Googlemaps???

Which ones did you try?

Anubis_Star 06-14-2014 11:49 PM

Standard android maps (I think it's Google maps) USE to be good! I just went on vacation and it got me so lost! Tried it back in town and it was horriblw. Maybe they did a bad update

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

HarleyTheGSD 06-14-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twyla (Post 5643649)
Phone app for navigation? I haven't found a good one.

I have to have reliable GPS for work. I went old school and have the Garmin.

I think I may just have to go this way, as well. I do believe we still have a GPS for our vehicles. I suppose I'll have to keep it in mine.

HarleyTheGSD 06-14-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis_Star (Post 5643713)
Standard android maps (I think it's Google maps) USE to be good! I just went on vacation and it got me so lost! Tried it back in town and it was horriblw. Maybe they did a bad update

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I guess so! Oh well, I suppose you get what you pay for, and in my case, that's nothing. I'll probably just use a standard GPS. If we still have it...

my boy diesel 06-15-2014 12:13 AM

android or i phone??

i use androids version which inexplicably i have to access using google maps
but it usually works well
keep it updated all the time

Cassidy's Mom 06-15-2014 12:37 PM

Which ones have you tried? I have MapQuest, Waze, and Google Maps. The newest is Google Maps, which I've only used a couple of times so far, but seems to work well. I like Waze too, but the MapQuest app has let me down a few times. I'll use MapQuest on my computer before I go somewhere and it will have no problem finding the address. But then I plug the same address into the app on my phone and it will have no idea where it is. One time it couldn't find either of the two addresses I was looking for (a flyball tournament at a fairgrounds, and I also tried the Starbucks across the street) and wanted to send me to Mount Shasta instead, which is about 150 miles away from where I was actually going. :rolleyes:

mamajag 06-15-2014 06:07 PM

I use Navigon on my iPhone. It's never failed me.

HarleyTheGSD 06-16-2014 03:18 PM

I use android versions. I'm going to give Waze a try.
I've tried Be-on-road, MapFactor, Scout, Sygic GPS, Navigation2Go, and I few others, I can't remember what they're called.