German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Racism Still Alive (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/460497-racism-still-alive.html)

LittleJaws 06-14-2014 05:11 PM

Racism Still Alive

1 Attachment(s)
Today I got my feelings hurt, pretty bad.
My friend and I took the dogs out to one of the more popular parks in town, to get some socialization and training in for Bison. People would stop and ask to pet him and were very polite about asking him to sit beforehand. Then we ran into this group of guys playing disk golf. They stopped us and one of them asked my friend, Autumn, where she bought Bison from. So I told him he was mine, then he laughed and said "I didn't know you guys got anything besides pit bulls." His friends started laughing and started making comments like "Maybe he's just wearing a fur coat." "How much weave did you have to sell to afford him." etc.
I'm not a really confident person when someone is verbally attacking me, so I started crying and walked off. My friend did end up swearing at them, and we still had a good time with the dogs. But it hurts to know people still think this way.. and multiple people would walk by, while they blocked our path and loudly made those comments.
Luckily, this doesn't happen a lot.
AND YES I PROUDLY WEAR MY WEAVE! BI-RACIAL POWER!
Attachment 217057
lol vent over. (:

mego 06-14-2014 05:16 PM

you're gorgeous and I'm sorry that happened to you. People give my fiance and I weird looks a lot because he's Chinese and I'm white, it's just how the world is. A lot of people have nothing better to do with their time so they sit there and choose to be mean to others, sad.

Jeff902 06-14-2014 05:19 PM

All I see Is two beautiful creatures! Lol
People can be just plain ignorant.

LittleJaws 06-14-2014 05:31 PM

Thank you guys!
It really doesn't happen a lot, to my face. So its really emotionally surprising when it does. After a while I started laughing at the whole thing. Makes me appreciate the people I have in my life a lot more (:

HarleyTheGSD 06-14-2014 05:44 PM

Ugh! Things like that make me so angry. I'm sorry you had to hear that. :(
You are very beautiful! And so is your puppy. :)

Emoore 06-14-2014 05:47 PM

They are the ignorant, stupid ones. You are a beautiful and classy lady with a gorgeous German Shepherd. Unfortunately racism and hate still exist. My boyfriend is African-American and I am white and unfortunately we get hateful comments from both sides. Just keep walking and hold your head up.

LittleJaws 06-14-2014 06:03 PM

My mom and dad have always tried to shield me from comments on race, going through comments as a couple as well. Now that I'm on my own, I understand that I do have to be the adult in some situations and just walk away.. But man, I hate thinking of witty things to say hours after it happened. LOL :D

and thank you for all the compliments (: this was our destination, and as you can see Bison and I are not affected by the incident before. You guys are a huge confidence boost!

LittleJaws 06-14-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoore (Post 5642577)
They are the ignorant, stupid ones. You are a beautiful and classy lady with a gorgeous German Shepherd. Unfortunately racism and hate still exist. My boyfriend is African-American and I am white and unfortunately we get hateful comments from both sides. Just keep walking and hold your head up.

and I'm very sorry you guys get those hateful comments. But I really like how you pointed out you get it from both sides. Many times African Americans are just as hateful, and nobody says anything. Thank you for the support and right back to you!! (:

ksotto333 06-14-2014 06:30 PM

Although no one has said anything to me, my significant other is Hispanic, people who don\'t know him make "mexican"comments in front of me. It just demonstrates to me, who they really are, and that I don\'t need them in my life.

jafo220 06-14-2014 08:30 PM

I am truly sorry that happened to you. Some things can cut pretty deep, but you can\'t let them suppress you with ignorant comments. If you let them get you down, they win. Don\'t let them win!

I\'m Caucasian. I live in the midwest. It totally sends me through the roof when I hear racial comments from anyone. I don\'t have a problem correcting someone for it either. Most of my present friends are African-American. We consider we\'re brothers from another mother. They\'re the best.

So keep your head up and be proud of who you are.

They are the ones who should be ashamed of who or what they are.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App