German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   New Pet...? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/455218-new-pet.html)

HarleyTheGSD 05-29-2014 01:13 PM

New Pet...?
 
I would like to get another pet to add to my little family. I already have a bearded dragon, a red eared slider, two rats, and a leopard gecko. Please, don't suggest another dog! Lol.

I'm looking for something interactive.
I was thinking about a leatherback bearded dragon, or a kinkajou. Well, the kinkajou is out, unless I can find one much cheaper than the average price.
I don't want anything like a hamster or a guinea pig. I would like something somewhat....unique, possibly.
Any suggestions?

lalachka 05-29-2014 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol I got a res as well. Just finished building this monstrosity tank for her with an above tank basking. Attachment 212954

No suggestions though)))) can't believe someone else has a turtle here)))))


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ApselBear 05-29-2014 01:24 PM

A raven, smart and loyal if you get them as a fledgling.

HarleyTheGSD 05-29-2014 01:43 PM

That's awesome! I really like your set-up. :)
I just have my little guy in a 55 gallon. But it works great for him.

HarleyTheGSD 05-29-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApselBear (Post 5579266)
A raven, smart and loyal if you get them as a fledgling.

Wow, that's very interesting. I'll look into it.

ApselBear 05-29-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD (Post 5579330)
Wow, that's very interesting. I'll look into it.

I just saw some PBS/Nova episode on bird brains and this guy had this pet Raven and he was absolutely awesome. I'm sure they can be a lot of work though, they are very dependent on you in the early stages, but I hear they love dogs for some reason.

HarleyTheGSD 05-29-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApselBear (Post 5579354)
I just saw some PBS/Nova episode on bird brains and this guy had this pet Raven and he was absolutely awesome. I'm sure they can be a lot of work though, they are very dependent on you in the early stages, but I hear they love dogs for some reason.

Fascinating. Yes, if they are intelligent, I'm sure they'd be mischievous. Lol

ApselBear 05-29-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD (Post 5579418)
Fascinating. Yes, if they are intelligent, I'm sure they'd be mischievous. Lol

All in good humor, I'm sure though;)

LaRen616 05-29-2014 02:10 PM

I used to have 2 bearded dragons, 6 geckos, numerous dwarf hamsters, 2 rabbits, a guinea pig and a chameleon.

The bearded dragons were the coolest. I keep trying to convince my mom to get more since I can't having anything like that in my house but she got another chameleon last year so she's content with him. :)

lalachka 05-29-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD (Post 5579314)
That's awesome! I really like your set-up. :)

I just have my little guy in a 55 gallon. But it works great for him.


Mine is only 100 but not filled all the way. I have this box built around it with a pond liner in case it leaks. I flooded my neighbors 6 times, a little paranoid at this point.

55 is more than enough. I had 40 before this and would've went on with it but when it leaked i decided to get the rubbermaid stock tank.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2