German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Need fun ideas for fundraiser (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/452785-need-fun-ideas-fundraiser.html)

Guardyan 05-21-2014 02:10 PM

Need fun ideas for fundraiser

Hey all,

Our club is participating in a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society in a few weeks. Typically we do agility demos - but space will be limited at this event.

We will be there for four hours so I'm looking for ideas for games and fun stuff for club members/spectators.

So far we have a mini agility course for the public, obedience demos, trick contest, heeling with an egg game.

Any other suggestions for fun stuff? Thanks!

Lilie 05-21-2014 03:08 PM

We have done a 'hide the ball' demo. Pull four people (children love to participate)from the spectators. Give one the ball and have all of them stand with their hands behind their back. One spectator holding the ball. Have the dog sit in front of the person who has the ball, indicating where the ball is.

If the dog is rock solid at this game, you can add spectators. If the dog is 'iffy' you have a smaller group.

We have one dog that never misses - but the ball is tucked into an arm pit. No one can see it, but the dog is right on indication every time.

huntergreen 05-21-2014 04:02 PM

class for children on dos and donts when around strange dogs ?

ApselBear 05-21-2014 05:11 PM

I'm not real familiar with fundraisers, but any kind of tracking/scenting game would be fun, hide n seek/hide the treat/ball as Lilie suggests.

Guardyan 05-21-2014 07:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

I tried to talk my husband into wearing a dog suit and talking to kids about dog bite prevention. (Doug the Dog) He wasn't on board with that idea. ;)

ApselBear 05-22-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardyan (Post 5549385)
Thanks for the suggestions! :)

I tried to talk my husband into wearing a dog suit and talking to kids about dog bite prevention. (Doug the Dog) He wasn't on board with that idea. ;)

Ha! I don't blame him, no one could get me to do that either lol
Good luck with your fundraiser

Lilie 05-22-2014 12:50 PM

Also - as silly as this sounds - folks go bonkers for photo ops. We set up a little photo site - normally a saddle on a reinforced stand, a small bench next to the saddle - put Texas flags around it, and some potted plants.

The adult or child utilizes the bench to get into the saddle. If they have a dog, the dog sits on the bench. If they don't, we use one of ours. One of our members will take a picture with thier phone and send it to the person or parent. If they have their own phones / camera - they take their own picture.

The point is to have the club name, or what ever you are raising funds for, in that photo. We have a banner that is placed behind the saddle area.

Guardyan 05-23-2014 12:14 PM

I love the photo opportunity idea! Thanks! :)