Military Appreciation Week!!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Military Appreciation Week!!!!

Just wanted to take a moment to to say to our Military members (both two and four legged) in this group...thank you for your service and sacrifice. Without you all, our freedom would not be possible. Many times people take for granted everything we have without understanding where it comes from. Our freedom and happiness is because of the brave, men, woman, and dogs that risk their lives everyday fighting for us. God bless you all, take care and enjoy your week! Personally though, I feel as though you all should be honored like this all the time, not just during specific time periods.

Deanna
At the Bridge....Charlie - GSD (2014) and Shiloh - Lab (2010)
d4lilbitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

how things have changed. people used to spit on us, throw beer bottles at us from cars and kept signs on their lawns " no sailors on the grass" this was in 75, norfolk Va.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's a shame Huntergreen. I have a cousin, Navy stationed at Norfolk, VA right now. Both grandfathers retired Navy, Several Great Uncles retired military, my brother is an active Marine, and another cousin is a retired marine. I've always had military people in my family. It's saddens me how people can be so unkind, yet when there's trouble, they're the first ones to complain. Things are getting better. I've heard some great stories from my brother about the kindness strangers bestowed upon him.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cheyanna

Thank you veterans for your service. I am appreciative of men & women willing to serve today.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Grandfather was US Navy on the USS Boston (heavy cruiser) and USS Intrepid (aircraft carrier, now a museum in NYC) during WWII in the Pacific.

Father was US Navy on the USS Richard E. Kraus (destroyer) based out of Norfolk, VA during the Cuban Missile Crisis 1958-62.

I joined the US Navy when I was 17 and spent 4 years active duty from 1993-97 stationed at the Navy Cargo Handling and Port Group (the only Navy combat cargo handling battalion that deploys world-wide) in Colonial Williamsburg, VA.

I got out for 3.5 years trying to work full time and go to college. Well, that didn't work out, so I went and talked to recruiters from all 4 branches to see where I could get the best deal.

I enlisted back onto active duty with the Air Force in April 2001 and have been serving ever since, and will continue to serve until I retire or get forced out! Ha.

I love military life. I was made for this. Much respect to all who serve in all branches. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT! We have each other's backs.

And thanks for posting a thread to thank all of us! I appreciate knowing we're appreciated!!!
Sir BEOWULF the Brave {male Sibe | Malamute | Wolf} 5/5/10
counter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter View Post
Grandfather was US Navy on the USS Boston (heavy cruiser) and USS Intrepid (aircraft carrier, now a museum in NYC) during WWII in the Pacific.

Father was US Navy on the USS Richard E. Kraus (destroyer) based out of Norfolk, VA during the Cuban Missile Crisis 1958-62.

I joined the US Navy when I was 17 and spent 4 years active duty from 1993-97 stationed at the Navy Cargo Handling and Port Group (the only Navy combat cargo handling battalion that deploys world-wide) in Colonial Williamsburg, VA.

I got out for 3.5 years trying to work full time and go to college. Well, that didn't work out, so I went and talked to recruiters from all 4 branches to see where I could get the best deal.

I enlisted back onto active duty with the Air Force in April 2001 and have been serving ever since, and will continue to serve until I retire or get forced out! Ha.

I love military life. I was made for this. Much respect to all who serve in all branches. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT! We have each other's backs.

And thanks for posting a thread to thank all of us! I appreciate knowing we're appreciated!!!
You are welcome! My grandfather (96 yrs old now) was on the USS Casablanca. He wears his ball cap all the time. I love hearing him tell stories of his adventures : ) I like that "ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT!"

My brother really loves his job. He's now got his dream job. He just finished school to become a Military Working Dog Handler...I'm so happy for him. Hoping you're able to end your career with a happy retirement when its time!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

My granfather also served in the Pacific' he was on the USS Montpellier it was a cruiser' he had shrapnel in his hand got sick almost died' it was from a kamikaze plane! He was a remarkable man.
They truly were the greatest generation. Bill

bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4lilbitz View Post
Just wanted to take a moment to to say to our Military members (both two and four legged) in this group...thank you for your service and sacrifice. Without you all, our freedom would not be possible. Many times people take for granted everything we have without understanding where it comes from. Our freedom and happiness is because of the brave, men, woman, and dogs that risk their lives everyday fighting for us. God bless you all, take care and enjoy your week! Personally though, I feel as though you all should be honored like this all the time, not just during specific time periods.

Deanna
VERY WELL SAID! Our past and current soldiers have kept us safe, defended our freedom, as well as shown our children who the real heros are - not fictional characters but the boys and girls in blue/tan/black, white/and camo. Thank you ALL. Great idea, OP.

*-*Summer*-*
SummerGSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

All well said. Thanks to all who serve and sacrificed for our freedom

Tom

Penny - 9/7/12 (GSD)

Abbi -5/9/09-12/7/12 (GSD)
TommyB681 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Heroes!

Attached Thumbnails
Military Appreciation Week!!!!-1400017397058.jpg  
bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.