German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Showering. .. Two weird questions (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/448370-showering-two-weird-questions.html)

Cheyanna 05-09-2014 05:51 PM

Showering. .. Two weird questions

My ex told me that if you urinate in the shower it will kill athletes feet. No more baths for me after that, because tub & shower were together. Anyone else heard this?

Do you shower before bed at night or when you get out of bed in the morning? California is having a big drought, so I started showering at night so as to not go to bed dirty. But with the drought it seems selfish to shower again in the morning to wake up.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

misslesleedavis1 05-09-2014 05:54 PM

Umm maybe the acid in the urine neutralizes it? I know yeast cream kills a bad case of it. I shower in the morn and at night, with the draught maybe shower just at night and wash up in the morning :)

mego 05-09-2014 06:00 PM

I shower in the early evening so my hair has time to dry before I sleep..I walk the dog immediately in the morning and dont want to do that with wet hair/make her wait for it to dry. in the morning I just wash my face. Never heard of the urine thing LOL

HarleyTheGSD 05-09-2014 06:05 PM

I shower at night, so I feel clean when I go to bed.
If I feel really gross in the morning, then I'll shower.

wolfy dog 05-09-2014 08:32 PM

I have read about some farmers from the past who would pour their own urine or pee over yeast affected areas of their goats' udders. There must be some truth in that practice.

bill 05-09-2014 09:01 PM

I would guess the acid also" like vinegar works on a dogs yeast infection.

selzer 05-09-2014 10:35 PM

Ok, I'm not about to pee in the shower. Sorry. I just get a thing of Absorbine Jr. if I have a problem. Yeah it stings, but it works.

Not using public swimming pools and showers, generally keeps the Athlete's foot issues gone anyway.

I shower in the morning. If I feel gross at night, I shower at night too. NE Ohio has no water shortage, and I am on a well -- which generally means I ought to be water-conscious. The run-off from my airation tank goes to the river in my back yard, and well, it is all being recycled. It doesn't hurt for me to take all the showers I want, and hose off the dog's area, etc. Because it all goes back into the ground.

misslesleedavis1 05-09-2014 10:55 PM

Can Urine Cure Athlete's Foot by Peeing in the Shower | Odd Random Thoughts

SuperG 05-10-2014 12:34 AM

Couldn't you have instructed him to use the toilet as his foot washer ???

SuperG

huntergreen 05-10-2014 12:51 AM

my wife would freak out if she found out i was peeing in the shower. i doubt this old wives tail works, but why bother with all the more effective modern meds available know.