German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Dog Walking (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/447841-dog-walking.html)

HarleyTheGSD 05-08-2014 09:35 AM

Dog Walking

I'm considering putting up fliers for dog walking services. I live in a medium sized town, dogs are everywhere. I see some dogs chained a lot, or behind fences, and I thought that maybe, if the services are available, they'd let me walk their dogs for a small price.
How do things like this usually go? What are your opinions?

misslesleedavis1 05-08-2014 09:41 AM

Have you ever heard of alpha match? Check it out.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

HarleyTheGSD 05-08-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 5490417)
Have you ever heard of alpha match? Check it out.

Thank you, I will.

martemchik 05-08-2014 09:51 AM

Can't hurt. What's the worst that can happen? You waste $20 making flyers and no one calls.

misslesleedavis1 05-08-2014 10:04 AM

People pay the bills with dogs, dog walking combined with boarding, combined with a wash, dry and brush out :) heck, its a like a trip to the spa, come get walked, played with and get your nails diiid lol.

HarleyTheGSD 05-08-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martemchik (Post 5490521)
Can't hurt. What's the worst that can happen? You waste $20 making flyers and no one calls.

Actually, I was just going to make my own off of my computer. :) So I won't waste $20! I'll just have the disappointment if nobody calls....

Galathiel 05-08-2014 11:08 AM

Talk to your vet's office. If you have a good rapport there, then maybe if someone asks them about it, they can refer them to your brochure.

HarleyTheGSD 05-08-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galathiel (Post 5491041)
Talk to your vet's office. If you have a good rapport there, then maybe if someone asks them about it, they can refer them to your brochure.

That's a great idea, thank you!
I do bring Varick there about two to three times a week. I do obedience training in the morning, and the vet techs are getting to know us. :)

selzer 05-08-2014 01:11 PM

The people who have dogs chained 24/7 are not going to bother. Those people may like their dog as far as it goes, but they are not concerned with the dog's mental and exercise requirements.

But someone who has a youngster, who works all day, or even an older dog, stuck in a crate all day, they may see you flier and call. For me, I would definitely want the person to be bonded. I mean, you are letting someone have access to your home and your dog.

Sunflowers 05-08-2014 01:43 PM

I would look into the bonding/ insurance requirements so you would be protected if you engage in such a business.