German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Do you have quality human friends/family? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/447298-do-you-have-quality-human-friends-family.html)

Zeeva 05-07-2014 03:43 AM

Do you have quality human friends/family?

Do you have quality human friends/family?

I've got 1 maybe 2 people in my life who fit that category. I don't know if I'm the loser, if the world hasn't provided me with those golden opportunities to make friends/family become quality, or if people suck in general...?

How about you?

KayDub 05-07-2014 03:50 AM

I find genuine, honest & loyal people are hard to come by these days. The quality of human beings has really declined throughout the years in my opinion or maybe all us good ones have just became recluse so we're not so easily found. I too can count my quality human friends and family on one hand easily.

Ellimaybel 05-07-2014 04:04 AM

Family is family. We all have our issues and it makes it hard for all of us to have close relationships but some of us work through it, others don't. Other than that, my husband is a wonderful man, I have 2 friends that we would do anything for each other, and that's it. I don't make friends easily (my fault not theirs). I wish things would have gone differently in that department but I can't be anyone different.

Romany 05-07-2014 05:05 AM

For what it's worth in my opinion ,the older you get the less tolerant you get with people.
They seem to be too much into them selves or going into too detail of what's going on in there life's .I would much rather go on a a Dog walk with GSD ;)

KayDub 05-07-2014 05:22 AM

All very good points there, Romany you may be too right. I'm still young yet but I've felt from my teens to early twenties I had a very different opinion on this subject than I do now. May be one of those young adult things I'm finally learning like how your parents always tell you things growing up then you grow and realize darn it they knew all along and I thought I knew better.

LaRen616 05-07-2014 08:15 AM

I don't like people, LOL.

I have 6 friends who have been my friends for 7-18 years.

4 of them are my age and I grew up with them, 1 is a co worker and the other is my ex boyfriend (Sin's daddy.)

I don't like to add new people to my life. I don't trust people.

carmspack 05-07-2014 08:35 AM

OP "if the world hasn't provided me with those golden opportunities to make friends"

You don't make them you BECOME one .

misslesleedavis1 05-07-2014 08:43 AM

I dont get many ops to meet alot of new people, bc im busy and I am never out and about being a social butterfly ! I do wish that I had a extra gf or 2 to go get manicures with lol
Carmspack is right though.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

CharlieB.Barkin 05-07-2014 09:35 AM

The only "quality" family that I have are my parents and my step-dad. They're incredible people who overcame tremendous odds and have supported me in every positive thing that I've pursued in my life.

"Friends are the family you choose." I believe in this to a great extent. I'm closer with my friends than I am to 95% of my family. Thankfully the areas that I live in are full of great people. I've always been outgoing so meeting new people is fairly easy for me.

I see most things this way: The world will never provide you with anything. You have to go out and make things happen.

lhczth 05-07-2014 09:55 AM

I have one very close friend of 38 years. Some other long time friends who would be there if I needed them, but I rarely hear from them otherwise. I have 3 other very good friends of about 10 years. I am very close to my mom and get along with my dad (with a lot of tongue biting).

Having lots of friends is not necessary. It is the few close friends that matter.