Being Harassed 24/7 by my neighbor, should I just move? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Being Harassed 24/7 by my neighbor, should I just move?

I moved April 1st into an apartment. I am surrounded by elderly and disabled people. My rent is according to my income and the prices are good. This is a large apartment and I like it a lot.

When something is too good to be true, it IS too good to be true.

I have a woman and man, either in the apartment beside or to the back of me, constantly harassing me 24/7. The woman says she does not want me here, and that is the reason for the harassment.

Her and the man move when I move. When I go to the bathroom, I hear footsteps and a door close and they talk about me in the bathroom. When I turn the tv on and turn the tv up, or when my central air comes on, they talk LOUDER.

What they do is talk about me. As I type this, the man just said, "That stupid girl in there." The woman and the man repeat the same insults over and over again. They call me, "nasty", "stupid", and talk about the tv shows I watch. They also talk about the furniture they saw as it was carried into the apartment. They also talk about my clothes, saying I wear the same thing everyday and stuff like that.

I know they are talking about me, because 1. They use my FULL name. They sometimes say "Insert name" is "blank blank blank". Also, I made the mistake of saying something back one day. I said something about the woman, and the man said something and I said "who" and he said "you."

I like this apartment and I haven't "broken down" yet. However, battling this day after day is wearing me down.

I told the landlord and she refused to investigate, saying I'm surrounded by old women. What she doesn't know or doesn't understand is people live with these elderly people all the time and just don't tell the landlord. The man isn't supposed to be living there but is.

So what should I do? Should I just move back in with my parents? The landlord isn't taking my side at all. I can't seem to get a recording of this because my microphone on my digital camera can't pick it up through the wall and they're quiet as a mouse when someone comes over.

What should I do?
GSD Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

That sounds horrible.
glowingtoadfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Be tough. It will be very, very hard as these folks are trying to push your buttons. You can't let them intimidate or make you feel bad. That seems to be what they are trying to do. Get headphones, shut them out, don't try to beat them at their own game (they will win, cause it's their game). Take the high road if you can. Maybe at some point you can have a conversation with them and work out the differences. You don't know me and I don't know you but it's a lousy situation to be in. Good luck!!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am sorry that this is happening to you.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That sounds..like a movie. Weird and terrible with a side of American pyscho.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Can you find one of those spy stores and buy better recording equipment?

Sorry this is happening to you. Generally if you don't engage they will stop. Don't give them anyone to talk to.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 05-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

OP, these people are talking loud enough for you to hear them through the walls, but they stop whenever someone who might be a witness to the harassment comes to your apartment? How do they know when you have a visitor?

Since you like the apartment, but the landlord won't get involved, you need to contact your case manager and have them advocate for you. I know it can be a pain to get other people involved. But you need help and your case manager knows your history and the particulars of your situation. It isn't fair to you and your desire to live independently to have no help, and to end up having an episode because of it.

Contact your case manager.
Sheilah
sit,stay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Thank you guys for the help and support.

I'll get my case manager on it and do my best not to say anything back.

Thank you!
GSD Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

You have any lawyers in your family? A nice legal letter has a way of stopping this. Or call the police if they are breaking a law.
kr16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Please don't take this the wrong way, but do you think there is any chance that you are imagining what they are doing. Sorry, I really don't know how to ask that in a PC way.

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.