German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Things have been called off for awhile (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/439289-things-have-been-called-off-awhile.html)

GSDolch 04-16-2014 05:42 PM

Things have been called off for awhile

For those who have been keeping up with my Habitat adventure. Things have been put on hold for a little while. This is both heartbreaking, and a blessing all at once. I am the last family in my group that hasn't had their home started on yet. There is another class that starts tomorrow, but I still don't know when they will start construction again. It's not anything to do with me, they are stopping all construction for a couple of months for reasons unknown. (well, to myself and other families) They said they hope to start back up around summer.

While its a bummer, it may be for the best. I've hit a rocky patch, and long story short, my husband has moved out of the house to live with his mother. He lots his really good job at AT&T and we are having some major issues with trust. We are doing marriage therapy and so far it seems to be going good. Sometimes things have to break before they can be fixed. My biggest hurdle is deciding if I can really forgive him and eventually let go or not. I wont get into more details, that would make it long and complicated to try and put into text. lol.

The people at Habitat have been very helpful with working with us and being understanding. The hope is that when the house is done, it will be a fresh start for us.

blehmannwa 04-16-2014 05:59 PM

I was just thinking about you and wondering how the house was going. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles but you certainly seem to have the right attitude.

GSDolch 04-16-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blehmannwa (Post 5387081)
I was just thinking about you and wondering how the house was going. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles but you certainly seem to have the right attitude.

Thanks

For awhile I didn't. I was pretty much ready to give up and accept defeat. I thought the world was falling a part, at least my world anyways.

It'll take time, and work, and there are still days that I can easily find myself falling back into despair. Some days are better than others. Thankfully we have a good support system and I have friends there to give me a good kick in the butt when I stop focusing on the positive things.

sit,stay 04-16-2014 11:53 PM

Hang in there. It will get better.
Hugs to you!
Sheilah

Jax08 04-17-2014 12:04 AM

:( :hugs:

Gwenhwyfair 04-17-2014 12:18 AM

Oh no Jem.... :(

Sending you positive energy, stay strong....you are right sometimes things have to break before they can get better.

blessed be my friend

PM if I can be of any help...

:hugs::hugs:

holland 04-23-2014 11:45 AM

Hope everything works out for you

Lilie 04-23-2014 12:35 PM

There are just some paths we have to take. It is our choice how we decided to make that journey. Stay strong.

Daisy&Lucky\'s Mom 04-23-2014 01:05 PM

Thats alot to handle. Sounds like your your doing everything you can and staying strong. Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Losing a job ,building a house are both heavy stressors. Take care.

SunCzarina 04-23-2014 03:38 PM

All things happen for a reason or for a season. Stay strong my friend, focus on those beautiful children and what makes YOU happy.