German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Anyone (human) on a Gluten Free Diet? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/439193-anyone-human-gluten-free-diet.html)

Gretchen 04-16-2014 11:57 AM

Anyone (human) on a Gluten Free Diet?
 
What has your experience been being gluten free? I had some tests done and I have gluten and soy sensitivities. The first week I changed my diet I gained 3 pounds, next week lost 4lbs, 3rd week needed lots of sleep but my gut was so relaxed and my headaches are rare. I had frequent headaches that would put me in a brain fog.

Today I made some granola with oats.I guess they had some gluten because now I feel a headache coming on although my weight has not changed, my profile looks like I'm in my 2nd trimester (so bloated). I don't know anybody on this type of diet so I'd like to hear about others' experiences if you care to share. Thanks.

Jax08 04-16-2014 11:58 AM

PM Rocketdog!

daisyrunner 04-16-2014 12:15 PM

I am gluten free, self diagnosed as gluten sensitive. I am an RN and was having bowel issues for awhile that kept getting worse, and it was interfering with my running as well. I had heard so much about more and more people being gluten sensitive, so I decided to cut it out for 3 weeks. All symtpoms went away. I have accidentally eaten things with gluten and had same belly issues. Oats can be cross contaminated, so make sure you buy gf. Bobs red mill has some. Also good website to try it maninis, they make awesome bread and baking flours that are gf. Try to eat unprocessed, whole foods and not too much of the gf "junk", Because its just as bad as regular. Good lu k, any questions just ask!!

Gretchen 04-16-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisyrunner (Post 5385489)
I am gluten free, self diagnosed as gluten sensitive. I am an RN and was having bowel issues for awhile that kept getting worse, and it was interfering with my running as well. I had heard so much about more and more people being gluten sensitive, so I decided to cut it out for 3 weeks. All symtpoms went away. I have accidentally eaten things with gluten and had same belly issues. Oats can be cross contaminated, so make sure you buy gf. Bobs red mill has some. Also good website to try it maninis, they make awesome bread and baking flours that are gf. Try to eat unprocessed, whole foods and not too much of the gf "junk", Because its just as bad as regular. Good lu k, any questions just ask!!

Thanks for the reference to Maninis, I just checked them out and their bread mixes look good. I was surprised to find so much GF "junk" as you put it, I thought I would find more whole grain things. I really miss my Ezekiel bread.

Is there anything I can eat as far as Chinese take out, or should I just avoid that?

kbella999 04-16-2014 01:19 PM

I'm doing the Whole 30 right now. It is gluten free but that isn't why I am doing it. I'm only a few days in. Will be interesting to see how I feel after the 30 days. http://www.whole30.com/

misslesleedavis1 04-16-2014 01:43 PM

My father looked always prego with his gluten allergy, hes been of gluten for a while now and and he has lost his bloat. Gluten free is so hard to do though, when he slips he spends his time in the bathroom or in pain, and the prego look comes back instantly.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

wyoung2153 04-16-2014 01:59 PM

just wanting to get the updates on the thread..

interesting subject, only because my LT and I have been debating Gluten-Free-Diets if you DON'T have a sensitivity or any diagnosed reason to go Gluten Free...

Gretchen 04-16-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbella999 (Post 5385889)
I'm doing the Whole 30 right now. It is gluten free but that isn't why I am doing it. I'm only a few days in. Will be interesting to see how I feel after the 30 days. http://www.whole30.com/

Wow, this would be a huge change for me, no sugar or alcohol. The first day on my gluten free diet I found a gluten free recipe for choco chip cookies from Alton Brown. Anyway, I wish you lots of success on it and hope you feel great.

kbella999 04-16-2014 02:07 PM

Thanks. It is a huge change for me also. Hard to find things to eat but surprisingly I'm not as hungry as I used to be. I guess without the sugar and carbs, your body doesn't have the cravings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gretchen (Post 5386073)
Wow, this would be a huge change for me, no sugar or alcohol. The first day on my gluten free diet I found a gluten free recipe for choco chip cookies from Alton Brown. Anyway, I wish you lots of success on it and hope you feel great.


Waldi 04-16-2014 02:44 PM

wife is celiac so we had to ajust when she was diagnosed, now, we almost see no problem, we still observe stricktly no cluten product on her counter in the kitchen and if we use noodels at dinner, we learned how not to contaminate. Kid are very good at it. Wife is feeling much better and she has range of product to use. The concern is going on trips abroad where you have to be dilligent with what you eat and be able to communicate with restaurant staff in native language, as sometimes they do not understand term glute.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2