German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Any Godzilla Guru's on here? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/437305-any-godzilla-gurus-here.html)

jafo220 04-12-2014 10:40 PM

Any Godzilla Guru's on here?

I am, gulp, a Godzilla fanatic. I don't know what it is, but I'm addicted. I haven't been able to see every single movie but I've seen most. I guess it's a hunger for the "far out and fantastic" element of these movies that drives me to see them.

Now the new one is right around the corner. May 16th. It looks freakin awesome! I've watched most of the trailers and tv spots. The tv spots, there are four of them, are gnarly! They are actually better I think than the trailers. One review said the select few who were able to see a 40 minute or 20 minute viewing were just blown away by it.

I'm about to go nuts waiting.:crazy:

Susan_GSD_mom 04-12-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafo220 (Post 5366785)
I am, gulp, a Godzilla fanatic. I don't know what it is, but I'm addicted. I haven't been able to see every single movie but I've seen most. I guess it's a hunger for the "far out and fantastic" element of these movies that drives me to see them.

Now the new one is right around the corner. May 16th. It looks freakin awesome! I've watched most of the trailers and tv spots. The tv spots, there are four of them, are gnarly! They are actually better I think than the trailers. One review said the select few who were able to see a 40 minute or 20 minute viewing were just blown away by it.

I'm about to go nuts waiting.:crazy:

Okay--you're not talking about the ORIGINAL Godzilla movies, I assume. Godzilla vs Mothra, all those? The little boy yelling, "GOD-ZILLL-LAAAAA!"

Nigel 04-12-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_GSD_mom (Post 5366857)
Okay--you're not talking about the ORIGINAL Godzilla movies, I assume. Godzilla vs Mothra, all those? The little boy yelling, "GOD-ZILLL-LAAAAA!"

I think the new movie is based on that Godzilla, the original, not the 90ish American version.

jafo220 04-12-2014 11:19 PM

If your referring to the new Godzilla movie, no it's not anything like the originals, but those are still kind of fun to watch late at night when there just aint anything else on tv. I put them into the same category as old Kung Fu movies. They are both alittle silly but fun to watch.

The new movie is pretty cool. You should check out some of the tv spots they have on youtube. This movie has a much more serious angle to the story.

jafo220 04-12-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 5366969)
I think the new movie is based on that Godzilla, the original, not the 90ish American version.

Yep. It is somewhat based on the very first original Godzilla movie.

Susan_GSD_mom 04-12-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafo220 (Post 5366993)
Yep. It is somewhat based on the very first original Godzilla movie.

Sounds like fun!

Glacier 04-13-2014 02:44 AM

I do love me some Gozilla. I think this one seems like it' worth seeing.

Pax8 04-13-2014 03:16 AM

33 Attachment(s)
I'll be seeing it! I've always loved the kaiju genre of japanese movies. It's where my pup got his name from :)