German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Stupid Cars and Socialization (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/436521-stupid-cars-socialization.html)

shepherdmom 04-10-2014 11:19 PM

Stupid Cars and Socialization

First off rant: My stupid car broke again today. Husband just fixed one expensive problem last weekend and now another one crops up. :mad: I really hate cars! Drove there just fine. Put it in park and wouldn't come back out of park. Grrrr.... :angryfire:

Ok rant out of the way...

Be sure to socialize your puppy with tow trucks. We were out visiting Tractor Supply socializing my pup Dude when car broke down. Thank goodness for a sweet tow truck driver who let me bring my puppy with me.

Dude, however, was not impressed with the tow truck. Scared him to death and this was the result. Dang gotta remember to cut puppy nails!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...39104865_n.jpg

Nigel 04-10-2014 11:29 PM

Was your car parked on a flat? Sometimes they'll bind up from pressure of being parked on a hill or the drive wheels being pressed up against a wheel stop.

llombardo 04-10-2014 11:29 PM

Sorry about the car and your boo boo:( My younger golden hates garbage trucks.

shepherdmom 04-10-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 5358905)
Was your car parked on a flat? Sometimes they'll bind up from pressure of being parked on a hill or the drive wheels being pressed up against a wheel stop.

No it was flat. Dealer tells me its a break shifter and a sensor control or something like that. :( $600+ later it should be ready tomorrow afternoon.

shepherdmom 04-10-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 5358913)
Sorry about the car and your boo boo:( My younger golden hates garbage trucks.

Thanks! My older dogs are not fond of Garbage Trucks or the Schwans Truck that comes by either.

Thewretched 04-10-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shepherdmom (Post 5358929)
Thanks! My older dogs are not fond of Garbage Trucks or the Schwans Truck that comes by either.

They might not be a fan of the Schwanns truck, but I sure am.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

shepherdmom 04-10-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewretched (Post 5358961)
They might not be a fan of the Schwanns truck, but I sure am.

LOL we are too. :)

Gretchen 04-10-2014 11:59 PM

Sorry about your car. We have a towing business and I'd say that driver was extremely nice, you should give him a positive yelp review! Oddly, we've seldom encounter tows with dogs, a few times we'd had them stay in the vehicle, but the other scenarios are sad because law enforcement is involved and they call out animal control before we tow.

shepherdmom 04-11-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gretchen (Post 5359057)
Sorry about your car. We have a towing business and I'd say that driver was extremely nice, you should give him a positive yelp review! Oddly, we've seldom encounter tows with dogs, a few times we'd had them stay in the vehicle, but the other scenarios are sad because law enforcement is involved and they call out animal control before we tow.

When I called in Triple A I made sure to tell them I had a dog with me and asked if would be a problem, so I could make other arrangements if needed to pick us up. Thankfully they said not a problem and tow truck driver was very nice and gracious about it. I will for sure give him a positive review with Triple A. :)

nktigger99 04-11-2014 09:12 AM

Oh no....sorry about your car. We are having similar issues with our heat and air....fix one problem and bang another pops up. It sucks sometimes being an adult.

I have been slowly introducing Abby to the trash truck....she does not like it much....but the guys in the truck she really likes.....they get out and say hi ever time.