German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   I need votes to get a Scholarship (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/429458-i-need-votes-get-scholarship.html)

TheModestMouse 03-25-2014 07:05 PM

I need votes to get a Scholarship

I honestly don't like doing this, but I need the help.

I, a high school senior, have applied for a college scholarship from WyzAnt (tutoring website) and the winners are the people who get the most votes. I need help getting votes. (I have 7 presently and there are people with thousands.) Knowing that I don't necessarily have the greatest essay, I encourage reading around. You can vote on multiple essays, but only once per essay.

Here is the link to my essay:
Wisdom, The Most Underestimate Resource | WyzAnt Scholarships | WyzAnt Tutoring

If you are interested in what I am studying before you decide:

I have been accepted into the college of my dreams, Erskine College. It is a small private Christian college with an amazing atmosphere. (Check it out!) However, it is pricey. I have received a $1000 scholarship from the college because I was a finalist in their scholarship competition. Although I am thankful, I know it will only go so far.

I plan to get a BA in biology, with a focus in ecology. After college I am considering joining Peace Corps for a year or two in order to get experience in the conservation field. My ultimate goal is to help slow the extinction of wildlife creatures, specifically mammalian predators.

So I ask you, please help me reach my goal.

mego 03-25-2014 07:11 PM

Voted!!

also I dont want to pick, but you have a few grammar errors in there, not sure if you can fix them after it's already posted :)

TheModestMouse 03-25-2014 07:20 PM

Thank you.

I noticed the errors after I posted and you can't change the essays. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Msmaria 03-25-2014 07:25 PM

Done. Good luck

Courtney 03-25-2014 07:25 PM

Congratulations on the college acceptance!

I liked your post & the way you presented it to the board.

Now I will read your essay.

Good luck to you:)

HarleyTheGSD 03-25-2014 07:27 PM

Your essay has my vote. It was very insightful.
Hope everything works out!

mego 03-25-2014 07:34 PM

:D
Also kudos to going for bio, so interesting at college level.

TheModestMouse 03-25-2014 07:38 PM

Wow! You guys are awesome. Already you doubled the vote count.

Mego: learning about animals and breeds has always been interesting to me so I hope to feed that passion with bio classes. Oh, and the college has a medicinal botany class that seems interesting, as well as a horseback riding course. I am so excited!

Taz's Mom 03-25-2014 09:13 PM

Voted Good Luck

Blanketback 03-25-2014 09:18 PM

Great stuff - there were only 7 before, and now it's up to 21! I really liked your essay, and I hope you get your scholarship. You have awesome goals! Good luck :)