German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   I'd really like to know (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/423938-id-really-like-know.html)

crackem 03-13-2014 05:02 PM

I'd really like to know

Just what in the heck keeps happening to every hacked up thread around here!!!! I leave for a couple hours of what was a pretty decent discussion and come back and everything is just gone??????????????

i know, i'll get the obligatory, if you don't like it leave, trust me, every day I get closer.

why would anyone take any time to put together a post that could help someone when there's a pretty decent chance it will be hacked up, moderated or just flat out deleted?

Smart ass comebacks are about all I have left :)

Blitzkrieg1 03-13-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackem (Post 5194402)
Just what in the heck keeps happening to every hacked up thread around here!!!! I leave for a couple hours of what was a pretty decent discussion and come back and everything is just gone??????????????

i know, i'll get the obligatory, if you don't like it leave, trust me, every day I get closer.

why would anyone take any time to put together a post that could help someone when there's a pretty decent chance it will be hacked up, moderated or just flat out deleted?

Plenty of good boards have been moderated into obscurity. I have enjoyed the slight increase in work related discussion as of late.

JakodaCD OA 03-13-2014 06:25 PM

The only thing I can say is, if you wish to know why something was closed/deleted/ disappeared, all you have to do is PM the moderator of that particular forum. I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you:)

glowingtoadfly 03-13-2014 06:33 PM

You did help me crackem. It was you who posted the get off the internet post, right? The one Merciel enjoyed and thought was applicable to many threads? Beautifully written. Unfortunately I seem to be in a bit over my head here and im actually quite happy the thread was moderated before I had to come home to more drama. But your post if it was yours was great and I'm taking it to heart.

selzer 03-13-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackem (Post 5194402)

I'm sorry Crackem, I think I missed the thread. I think. I hear you, though.

Merciel 03-13-2014 06:39 PM

Oh man that post got deleted? I KNEW I should have saved it. That was a good one.

SuperG 03-13-2014 06:39 PM

Hey...I'm all about "smart ass comments".....

SuperG

SunCzarina 03-13-2014 06:43 PM

I only come back for the wisechick comments.

glowingtoadfly 03-13-2014 06:44 PM

Perhaps Crackem could attempt to rewrite it? English major and word fanatic here.

glowingtoadfly 03-13-2014 06:49 PM

... Although it does seem, my naptime/ break time/ chill time diversion to talk about dogs is not something I am alone in as a new forum addict