German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Favourite books / series? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/422305-favourite-books-series.html)

Wild Wolf 03-10-2014 08:37 PM

Favourite books / series?
 
I am planning on re-reading the J.R Ward BDB series, but want some new series or books to get into when I am done. Wondering what everyone's favourite book / series is?

I love:
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R Ward
The Breed series by Lora Leigh
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
Crossfire series by Sylvia Day
Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton
The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent
Dark Hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (NOT the movie. :mad:)

So many more...

I am a serious book worm, even though paranormal / paranormal romance and fantasy are my favourite genres I absolutely will read from any genre and will definitely heed recommendations!

Between my paperbacks, hardcovers and my Kobo glo I am a happy reader... so, what's your favourite?

Liesje 03-10-2014 09:03 PM

Harry Potter as read by Jim Dale (you have not experienced Harry Potter until you've listened to Jim Dale)
Philip Pullman "His Dark Materials"
Kathy Reichs "Bones"
Tess Gerritsen "Rizzoli & Isles"
James Patterson/Maxine Paetro "Women's Murder Club"


Just started the first Jack Reacher book....

lennyb 03-10-2014 09:05 PM

I don't read often. But I prefer the classics like War & Remembrance, Shakespeare, Moby ****, Mark Twain and some historical Autobiography's. But I do have a weakness for supernatural or occult based books ( but must be factual not fiction )..

Wild Wolf 03-10-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennyb (Post 5170993)
I don't read often. But I prefer the classics like War & Remembrance, Shakespeare, Moby ****, Mark Twain and some historical Autobiography's. But I do have a weakness for supernatural or occult based books ( but must be factual not fiction )..

I am a huge Shakespeare fan, and have a lot of respect for Mark Twain.

Wild Wolf 03-10-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liesje (Post 5170953)
Harry Potter as read by Jim Dale (you have not experienced Harry Potter until you've listened to Jim Dale)
Philip Pullman "His Dark Materials"
Kathy Reichs "Bones"
Tess Gerritsen "Rizzoli & Isles"
James Patterson/Maxine Paetro "Women's Murder Club"


Just started the first Jack Reacher book....

Alright, gotta find the Jim Dale version now. Haha!

I've been meaning to read "His Dark Materials".

You have any books planned for your vacay yet?

shepherdmom 03-10-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Wolf (Post 5170769)
I am planning on re-reading the J.R Ward BDB series, but want some new series or books to get into when I am done. Wondering what everyone's favourite book / series is?

I love:
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R Ward
The Breed series by Lora Leigh
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
Crossfire series by Sylvia Day
Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton
The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent
Dark Hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (NOT the movie. :mad:)

So many more...

I am a serious book worm, even though paranormal / paranormal romance and fantasy are my favourite genres I absolutely will read from any genre and will definitely heed recommendations!

Between my paperbacks, hardcovers and my Kobo glo I am a happy reader... so, what's your favourite?

I am also a big fan of Paranormal/Urban Fantasy and add Paranormal Mysteries in too..

Have you read any Christine Feehan? Her series fits right in with those. I also like Nalini Singh, Kim Harrison, Karen Marie Moning, Jim Butcher (Harry Dresden series), Heather Graham, Kay Hooper, Yasmine Galenorn, Elizabeth Peters (more mystery) but her pseudonym Barbara Michaels is kind of paranormal, Jayne Anne Krentz... I can go on and on. I'm a huge book reader. I read a lot more than I watch T.V. :)

Liesje 03-10-2014 09:23 PM

Yes, I'm going to listed to Jack Reacher and I got a few to add to my Kindle app for reading.

Gretchen 03-10-2014 09:27 PM

I read but not "series"
I've read true crime by Ann Rule
historical by David McCullough
fiction by John Irving

If Robert Crais writes another book about Maggie the GSD, then I will follow that series.

The last book I read was called, Empty Mansions the mysterious life of Huguette Clark the heiress of the copper King. She lived reclusively to over 100 yrs old. Last 20 yrs in a hospital, after reading it, makes you really question medical ethics.

shepherdmom 03-10-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liesje (Post 5171209)
Yes, I'm going to listed to Jack Reacher and I got a few to add to my Kindle app for reading.

I enjoy the Jack Reacher books. :)

If you kind of like the good/bad guy Lawrence Block has several good series... Bernie the Burgler and Keller the hit man.

Wild Wolf 03-10-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shepherdmom (Post 5171193)
I am also a big fan of Paranormal/Urban Fantasy and add Paranormal Mysteries in too..

Have you read any Christine Feehan? Her series fits right in with those. I also like Nalini Singh, Kim Harrison, Karen Marie Moning, Jim Butcher (Harry Dresden series), Heather Graham, Kay Hooper, Yasmine Galenorn, Elizabeth Peters (more mystery) but her pseudonym Barbara Michaels is kind of paranormal, Jayne Anne Krentz... I can go on and on. I'm a huge book reader. I read a lot more than I watch T.V. :)


Heard of Christine Feehan, haven't read any of her stuff but it is high on my priority list! Also heard of Jim Butcher, heard great things about him... haven't heard of the others -- to google, I go!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2