German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Who do you confide in? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/421889-who-do-you-confide.html)

Zeeva 03-10-2014 05:49 AM

Who do you confide in?

I confided in you but I won't/don't any more.

So, when you have a bad day, who do you confide in? Where do you get the most support from?

This is just to get some ideas...nothing more...

TommyB681 03-10-2014 06:18 AM

I confide in my family and friends about the day to day stressors in life. Work related I try to strictly confide with other co-workers because working in a prison they are the ones that understand it best. I dont like taking the things that happen at work home to my family and friends. Some things are also best left unsaid

LaRen616 03-10-2014 09:06 AM

I confide in my ex, my mom, my friends, also members from this forum like Nancy (Lilie) and the Misfits. :)

LoveEcho 03-10-2014 09:19 AM

My dad, and my group of friends from this forum. I don't really have many girlfriends I'd feel comfortable confiding in day-to-day... my best friend has her own set of issues right now, and I just want to be there for her without adding to the burden. My husband isn't very good at dealing with "feelings" so he typically makes things worse, lol.

onyx'girl 03-10-2014 10:04 AM

my husband....or my sisters if it is about my husband! I also started a secret fb page for one of my sisters to rant/vent safely. It has turned into a nice page for a select group of people to air some of their confidences(getting support and advice from strangers in a safe place)
And the person can delete the rant after typing it out, it sometimes helps to just get it out.

MyHans-someBoy 03-10-2014 10:12 AM

I probably confide in my husband the most, but that is not really a lot.

I do not have very many close friends because most people are unable to keep their mouths shut, even when they *promise* to.

I am the type of person, when asked to keep something confidential, that will literally take that information to the grave with me. I value that ability so much, but just don't seem to find it in hardly anyone else. Seems like information/gossip is King and apparently it is human nature, for the most part, to feel valuable/smart/ important to be able to let as many people as possible know what you've heard-even if it hurts someone else.

Basically, I've learned to work through most of life's problems in my own head, in my own way. Cuts way down on disappointment and DRAMA.

Of course, with GSD problems, I confide in all of you on this forum... :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Liesje 03-10-2014 10:12 AM

My dog and my pillow :) I often find that when I'm really angry or upset or worried about something, if I just wait it out, things work themselves out. Sometimes I will type a rant or something more emotional and just never post it anywhere and 24 hours later, I can delete it and be fine. I tend to internalize emotion and release stress by *doing* stuff, like a major cleaning binge or running on the elliptical for an hour. I'm not real chatty but I don't have much to confide either, I'm pretty "what you see is what you get", don't have secrets to share, just live my life with what I've got and make the best of it.

ZoeD1217 03-10-2014 10:18 AM

My significant other. I have a long distance gf who I tell everything to as well.

Mishka&Milo 03-10-2014 10:33 AM

My husband, and my dog lol. They are the ones who actually care :)

Shade 03-10-2014 10:39 AM

My mom and a short list of friends. I also really find having the animals around helps, they never judge in any way and will listen for as long as you need them and at whatever moment you need them. All of them will snuggle without question when I'm having a bad day as well :)