People Matter - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2014, 04:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default People Matter

Have you ever felt like the life was stomped out of you, but you still feel the will to fight? People matter and I have hard time when someone doesn't think so. Where would our families be, kids, parents or dogs if we didn't matter?

Last edited by harmony; 03-06-2014 at 04:11 AM.
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

I would just like to add that employees are people and they matter as well. It appalls me the way so many employers treat their employees. (especially in my industry).
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Not everyone matters. Only the ones you care about and/or feel should matter.

If your worried about everyone single person, your in for a long and rude awakening in life. (At least in my experience thus far)
nikon22shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

To me, everyone DOES matter, but this does not mean that I'll go out of my way for every person. I owe everyone the basics of humanity: respect, until they show me otherwise. This is not the same as worrying about everyone.
Going off what Robk said, employees are indeed people. So I'd like people to remember that when they're shopping, or paying a bill, or calling customer service. We are people and probably at the bottom rung, at that...so don't take your anger at price changes, or mistakes from higher up, or the absence of your favorite product out on us.
We're all here, doing the same thing in the grand scheme: just trying to live. So if we can't respect anything else about one another, how about that?

RIP Reba von Treue Freundschaft, CGC, TDI
May 11, 2005 - May 23, 2013
Discoetheque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch

Do people matter? Yes, and no. It's not a black and white thing I don't think. Life is one big jumble of individual hierarchies.

I am in introvert, I don't really care much for people. For me it goes People<Persons<Friends<Family (both blood and non blood).

But I wouldn't go so far as to say people don't matter. Someone matters to someone, we just don't all have to matter to each other. I don't talk to many of my neighbors where I live now, I don't care to, but if I ever saw their house on fire, I'd try to help, but if my house and their house was on fire, I would take care of my own first, then if possible help them. My family matters more to me than people.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Everyone "matters", but in my life, I do not feel obligated to put others above my own health/sanity lol. I'm a bit introverted too, and I find it easy to remove myself from family drama, whiny friends, etc. if they are taking too much of my energy away.

I do believe that all people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, and I respect people's right to their own choices. That includes myself lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 03-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

^^^^^100%
nikon22shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

People do matter. Every day, we can make or ruin someone's day. I'm talking about complete strangers and small kindnesses that can make you feel good about people. Letting that person purchasing one item get in line ahead of you. Holding the door for someone. As I was getting myself a shopping cart, an elderly lady walked up. I offered her my cart, as I got another. You would have thought I gave her a million dollars.

Likewise, you can be having a crappy day. Then, when someone is rude or nasty, it just makes your day 10 times worse. Putting a smile on your face and being courteous cost nothing, yet have so much value.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Every one matters. If you are able to connect with one person throughout your day, you've mattered to them. One single smile. It's free for you to give, but can mean millions to a person who needs it.

I recall the day I found out my husband had cancer. I had to go to a big box store although I was lost in a fog. I got out of my truck and was walking to get a cart. There was another woman who was walking to take her cart back to the rack. We met mid stream. She seemed to be in a fog as well. We both looked at eachother and time sort of stopped. We looked at eachother for a moment and she smiled. For some reason that just made me think things were going to work out. I smiled back as she handed me the cart.

I still think about that lady and her smile. I don't remember what she looked like, or what she wore or if she drove a nice car. I just remember her smiling at me. I now try to 'notice' people in my life. I try to give them a smile too. I don't have to talk to them. I don't have to get involved with their life. But I can give them a smile. Maybe it'll mean as much to them as the smile I got that day.

BTW - my husband has been cancer free for over 6 years now. So things did work out.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

People do matter, however you can only do what you can - can't save the world.

I do think we all need to be a little more considerate and polite to our fellow human being, myself included

if your GSD is eating and eating and eating and losing weight - please consider testing for EPI.

http://www.epi4dogs.com/epiinsnapshots.htm
Harry and Lola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.