Tell me about your style!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Tell me about your style!!!

In lieu of the very cool tattoo thread and the show me you thread i think we need a tell me about your style thread!

I love victorian!!!!! urgh anything antique (sleigh beds canopy beds!!) i am huge sucker for, but my home is styled more modern with color pops everywere, i just picked up throw pillows with monet "ish" portraits on them, Monet is usually not my go to artist but again i love how much the color popped out at me, I have stacks of vogue and fantastic candles everywere, and as for personal style i am a keep it classy type of chick but you can usually find me in a pair of lulu's lol,

So tell me about you!!!!
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

lol...functional C:

The End for me...teehee!
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

What a cool thread!!!

Oh man I also love frilly antiques and ornate pieces, but I don't have very many! We do a lot of vintage stuff around though, which I love. Earth tone walls, muted greens, browns, cream, and grey... Except for the master bathroom, which is my favorite coral pink. Lots of snuggly blankets around and natural fabrics - vintage furs are a favorite of mine and they are scattered around the place. I wish we had hardwood floors though... The place is smallish and a bit of a starter home, which is fine, but I'd love a gorgeous Victorian or colonial and let my style tastes really show!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 03-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

Target meets toysrus
My youngest is 3.5 and the moving of all the toys up to the kids level is happening now. So now instead of kids toys throughout the living areas there are puppy toys

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
ZoeD1217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hmmm... as far as decor goes I guess I'd classify it as ecclectic? It's a mix of weirdness and modern. Lots of furniture from Ikea with clean lines/geometric designs with random vintage-looking things. lol. As for personal style, the brighter and more obnoxious the color, the better! I like patterns and color combos that the average person would think are hideous.
katro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Minimalist. Almost sterile in fact. I have 3 chairs, a couch(for the dogs) a dining room table and a high-end computer chair/desk. My bedroom is a queen bed on a super-fancy German wooden slat iron posted bed-frame. Otherwise my house is bare with the exception of a few stands for stereo(s) and lots of bookcases filled with books and electronics. Knick-knacks and gew-gaws drive me crazy. I like black and white and natural wood colors. The only color on my walls is a signed concert poster from the Dark Side of the Moon tour, and that is over my two channel stereo in my two-channel stereo room(the walls in there are dark grey eggshell acoustic foam). Otherwise it's white walls and dark walnut trim work. Floors are either natural oak or parchment tile(stereo room is an exception, it's berber carpet, off-white). I'm so much like my dad it's scary.

Oh, and I'm in the process of switching over all my CFL lighting to halogen. It's a better dark-body emitter, wider spectrum.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Country chic. I love the whites, blues, greens and pops of yellow or orange. i do have some traditional pieces, but it won't be too long until I get bored and paint those pieces white..lol. If the dogs chew anything ie. my kitchen island, as puppies do, I just rub some wax over it and paint it white. Looks like I planned it.
Msmaria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I like modern, but cannot afford to do true modern style, so I fall into eclectic.
I have a fake Eames office chair, they normally go for $1600 but found a floor model at $200, I like the German Bauhaus design, and have a fake George Nelson starburst clock. My husband bought it for me. I was looking at George Nelson online, he looked into my search history and thought I was cheating on him, not knowing he was designer, so then he bought me the clock. I love simple design and texture, not too many patterns. I have a couple bowls from the modern museum of art in NY.

I also love pops of color, I have a blue accent wall in the kitchen, green one in the bedroom contrasting will red/orange dressers. I have several colors of Fiestaware.

That's what I like but its hard to put that together in my condo considering the wear and tear we give our furniture and flooring and stuff.

Last edited by Gretchen; 03-03-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I fooled everyone when I got my house. I went modern and people were surprised. They were so much surprised I went modern but more so because I actually had a style. I tied everything in pretty well and shocked people. I went with pops of red in most of the rooms.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My kids love the modern minamilist look. So their bedrooms look different from the rest of the house. For the people here in CA, this is one of my favorite places to shop its called Just like the model

http://www.justlikethemodel.com/

Also the Dale Tiffany outlet in La Mirada
You can find tiffany lamps for $100
http://www.micahome.com/

They have great prices

Last edited by Msmaria; 03-03-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Msmaria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.