German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Answering posts: is it quantity or quality for you? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/418921-answering-posts-quantity-quality-you.html)

Zeeva 03-03-2014 03:49 PM

Answering posts: is it quantity or quality for you?

When you make a thread, do you hope to get a lot of replies or a a few really good replies (and by 'good' I mean replies that thoroughly answer your question or make a sweet effort to get to know your pictures/stories etc...)?

I think for me, I enjoy the volume of replies because even short replies make me feel like someone took the time to read the thread and make an effort. The quality just comes because there are so many knowledgeable members...

Quality or quantity for you?

oops I put a 't' in front of the title :C sowy...

gaia_bear 03-03-2014 03:53 PM

I'm a quality over quantity person.

I should probably elaborate being a "quality" person, I don't post often and it's usually something that I'm interested in getting a valid answer and/or different opinion on. While I love seeing posts with a lot of responses if the responses aren't value adding, the thread loses it value for me. This is simply because I don't have as much time to spend on the forum that I used to but for the true thought provoking threads such as the recent "preymonkeys", I have no issue taking time out of my day to read a large quantity of quality responses (those are the best kind of threads imo)

Susan_GSD_mom 03-03-2014 03:56 PM

I have never started a thread, but as a reader, sometimes I am put off, perhaps intimidated, by a thread with many, many replies. I usually end up reading them, though, albeit quickly scanning some of the posts. I do appreciate posts by those members whose replies I have come to respect and look forward to. I have noticed threads where there were a great many replies, but none of the 'heavyweights' weighed in on the topic.

Again, I haven't yet felt qualified to start a thread, so these are merely my observations on existing threads and posts.

Zeeva 03-03-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_GSD_mom (Post 5127609)
I have never started a thread, but as a reader, sometimes I am put off, perhaps intimidated, by a thread with many, many replies. I usually end up reading them, though, albeit quickly scanning some of the posts. I do appreciate posts by those members whose replies I have come to respect and look forward to. I have noticed threads where there were a great many replies, but none of the 'heavyweights' weighed in on the topic.

Again, I haven't yet felt qualified to start a thread, so these are merely my observations on existing threads and posts.

There's no 'qualification' requirement to start a thread C:

Simply show us your pups and you'll see! People are happy to comment! Especially if you tell them it's your first post!

misslesleedavis1 03-03-2014 04:02 PM

.............i want quantity on the thread about style and quality when i have a issue with the boys (pup tarts)

nikon22shooter 03-03-2014 04:04 PM

I like to debate. So either way works for me :)

I am the master debater hehehe

misslesleedavis1 03-03-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikon22shooter (Post 5127785)
I like to debate. So either way works for me :)

I am the master debater hehehe

hahahaaaaa

Harry and Lola 03-03-2014 04:44 PM

Quality for me, I would rather an in depth point of view from a few people than lots of one liners.

I have a habit of only reading the first couple and last couple of posts and tend to not read the ones in between, so a few good quality answers do it for me:)

Sp00ks 03-03-2014 04:48 PM

I'm going to have to go with quality. I'm not opposed to a good discussion however, some of these threads lately, I will never go back to......

Shade 03-03-2014 05:41 PM

Quality absolutely :) I'd take one good response over ten others any day.