German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Hilarious..and disturbing. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/418721-hilarious-disturbing.html)

misslesleedavis1 03-03-2014 08:38 AM

Hilarious..and disturbing.

Yesterday I had a lady with a double wide stroller smash in my legs while sunglasses shopping, she was on her phone lol but to my surprise in this double wide stroller there was a yorki looking thing wearing a sleeper and a big bow, it was crazy. She was taking out purses while she pushed thru the aisle. .I was at Marshalls. So, call me PERSON WHO IS USING PSEUDO SWEARING - CHECK THE RULES but I dont think stores should allow that kinda crap, a mini poo in the purse ok, but a dog in an double wide stroller? Come on. Is this permission to jam over 200 lbs of dog in a cart and wing them thru winners on saturday......

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

alexg 03-03-2014 09:27 AM

I would have made some nasty comment and left it as is :)

katro 03-03-2014 09:38 AM

I'm pretty sure most stores don't allow it, but really, when you see something small wrapped in a onesie and bows in a stroller, your first thought isn't that it's a Yorkie (or other toy breed) and you won't give it a second thought. I was at the mall a few months ago and someone did something similar. Their "little one" peed on the floor in Sephora, then the owner popped it back into her purse and left the store. Someone slipped in the pee.

misslesleedavis1 03-03-2014 09:41 AM

Sephora! I spit my coffee out when I read that.

katro 03-03-2014 09:44 AM

I was visiting a friend that works there and came in right after the slippage... Lots of swearing from the employees! :crazy: I said if Polly Prissy Pants can bring in her pet rat and let it pee on the floor, then I'm going to start bringing Ralphie in to stores with me. I'll just put him in a duffle bag, cut holes for his legs and wear it like a backpack. :laugh:

MichaelE 03-03-2014 09:47 AM

Another inconsiderate phone zombie wrapped up in their own little world. They have no idea what is going on around them.

Mishka&Milo 03-03-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 5125505)
Yesterday I had a lady with a double wide stroller smash in my legs while sunglasses shopping, she was on her phone lol but to my surprise in this double wide stroller there was a yorki looking thing wearing a sleeper and a big bow, it was crazy. She was taking out purses while she pushed thru the aisle. .I was at Marshalls. So, call me a A hole but I dont think stores should allow that kinda crap, a mini poo in the purse ok, but a dog in an double wide stroller? Come on. Is this permission to jam over 200 lbs of dog in a cart and wing them thru winners on saturday......

Go ahead, take your GSD to the store in a stroller. If they complain scream discrimination..... Your GSD is probably 10 times more obedient than her little fashion item. Lol.

RocketDog 03-03-2014 10:40 AM

I just saw this thread and have to add this:

Last year at the nursery where I work, which allows dogs (it's a giant plant nursery for god sakes) this regular customer of mine who I always liked, shows up with a stroller. I walk out to greet her from the main office, expecting to see a grandbaby, and it's her freaking dog. A small poo thing (or a maltese, I can't remember) but she'd always carried the dog before. I couldn't believe it. Our nursery is actually very clean, the main road is asphalt and the other roads are gravel that get freshly done every year. (My boss is Felix Unger). When I said something about her not wanting him to get 'dirty' --puhleeze-- she said "Oh it's not that, it's that he's scared and this helps him". What? How?

misslesleedavis1 03-03-2014 12:05 PM

The only time I have ever dressed my dog in public was for Halloween and he wore a super man cape. The kids thought it was the best, then I dressed shigs up in a bra and undewear and vined her, ha. We cut out out just as miley cyrus was about to make out with her hammer and thats were the shiggs came in. It was cheap entertainment on a friday night.

Gretchen 03-03-2014 01:51 PM

I would email the Marshall store you were shopping at and let them know your feelings.
They probably do not know to look out for things like this, who would have thought?