German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Could someone please explain to me why the closed the dog bites daughter thread (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/416298-could-someone-please-explain-me-why-closed-dog-bites-daughter-thread.html)

selzer 02-25-2014 08:17 PM

Could someone please explain to me why the closed the dog bites daughter thread

I PM'd the mod who's button shows they are on line, but no response to that.

The thread was about a real issue that a family is dealing with on their dog. It had some real discussion critical about a dog's life or death There was some back and forth, nothing terrible, in a highly charged and emotional-type thread that it could be, considering the topic.

If we cannot discuss hard dog-related topics on this site, why are we here?

Jack's Dad 02-25-2014 08:23 PM

Agreed. Language or posts could be deleted if the line is crossed but there was a good airing of various views.

Is it better to just have fluff threads or pictures.

Chip18 02-25-2014 08:24 PM

I tend to agree, But I don't know if folks got carried away. It was around 8 pages last night and today..Holly Crap!!!

lhczth 02-25-2014 08:25 PM

If members can not discuss things without name calling and bickering than the thread loses its purpose. If you were asking for help would you really want to read through all of the childish back and forth nonsense? Most of the mods don't want to spend time editing and dealing with adults who want to act like teenagers, so the thread was closed. If people would send out notifications before threads like this degenerate to this level we might not have to close them.

ADMIN Lisa

lhczth 02-25-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip18 (Post 5089498)
I tend to agree, But I don't know if folks got carried away. It was around 8 pages last night and today..Holly Crap!!!

:thumbup:

shepherdmom 02-25-2014 08:29 PM

I went to post this there, but the thread was closed so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting it here. I just want to post this so that people can see what can possibly happen sending a dog off to an unknown.

News Distribution Network, Inc.

RocketDog 02-25-2014 08:30 PM

How is it bickering to point out things that are ridiculous or incorrect?

And since I'm one of the ones involved in the name-calling, I'll just say I may have used the word a time or two again, but I didn't start it. And as far as the name calling that could've gone on it was fairly mild IMHO. In fact, I think the person who used it first actually had a laugh about it later.

ken k 02-25-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhczth (Post 5089506)
Most of the mods don't want to spend time editing and dealing with adults who want to act like teenagers,

ADMIN Lisa

truthfully, they shouldn't be moderators then,

Jack's Dad 02-25-2014 08:34 PM

Out of the "bickering" came some very interesting views on a topic that affects a lot of dog owners across the country. The OP kept responding so I don't think they were that offended.

As far as notifying the mods, that's a slippery slope. Sensitive people will send PMs on a regular basis.

Stevenzachsmom 02-25-2014 08:38 PM

It's getting to the point, we can't really discuss anything. Like Andy said - just fluff. And if closing the threads isn't bad enough, lately entire threads are just deleted. Gone! Poof! Wouldn't surprise me to come back tomorrow and find dog bites daughter thread missing without a trace.