German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/414218-samsung-galaxy-note-3-verizon.html)

jocoyn 02-21-2014 02:12 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon

Anybody have this? I am looking at it right now as my HTC Thunderbolt which served me well has a cracked screen and I doubt it will be getting anymore android updates as it is "old news"

This is one of a handful of androids for which I can buy a serious waterproof/drop proof case.......and it has some features that would be wickedly cool for SAR. Messaging is still frustrating. Apparently the default SW limits group size to 10 on VZW except for iPhone and Windows Phone. No cases for the windows phone and the small screen and limited features on the iphone are leaving me, meh.....

The galaxy s4 is a contender. The otterbox defender is not as complete a case as the Seido Obex or the Lifeproof cases but at least it is 'something' for the motorola phones. I won't buy an LG product.

ZoeD1217 02-21-2014 02:17 PM

I had the Note 2 and I thought it was just a little too big for me. It was a very cool phone though. I now have the s4 and love it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

misslesleedavis1 02-21-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5062226)
I had the Note 2 and I thought it was just a little too big for me. It was a very cool phone though. I now have the s4 and love it.

I second that, i have the s4 and it is great

my boy diesel 02-21-2014 02:42 PM

i have a note 2
i love love love it
yes big to use but u can get a headset
or bluetooth ear piece and avoid hauling it to your head
the operating system and speed (processor)
are what make the difference
quality phone
samsung has outdone itself!

jocoyn 02-21-2014 02:43 PM

The S4 is another option. I am weighing the pros and cons. The screen on the note is amazing in bright direct sunlight. How is it on the s4 under those conditions?

wyoung2153 02-21-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocoyn (Post 5062338)
The S4 is another option. I am weighing the pros and cons. The screen on the note is amazing in bright direct sunlight. How is it on the s4 under those conditions?

I have had it for 5 months now and I love it. I will say that in direct sunlight it's a little dark, but I have gotten used to it. I change the brightness when I need to. I also got the anti glare screen protector and that helped tremendously, not only with glare, but fingerprints too!

MichaelE 02-21-2014 02:51 PM

Don't leave out the HTC One Max.

I love mine and I don't need glasses all the time to see it either.

misslesleedavis1 02-21-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Not that great, its one thing i dont like, also when i have a great picture to take sometimes the camera delays more then it should.

jocoyn 02-21-2014 02:53 PM

It is one of the ones under consideration........

ZoeD1217 02-21-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

It's a little hard to see under direct sunlight. I will say that my husband has my old Note 2 and has no complaints. I found it tedious to type on with my smaller hands. If you go to the Verizon store and feel it out maybe you'll know if size is going to be an issue for you.