German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   The Winter Olympics (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/407458-winter-olympics.html)

Schaferhunde 02-06-2014 11:47 AM

The Winter Olympics

Are you planning to watch the Olympics?

So, basically feel free to share anything about the Olympics.

And go....!

DutchKarin 02-06-2014 11:59 AM

I love the Winter Olympics. We will be watching. I have super fond memories of watching the Winter Olympics with Jim McKay and that shot of nordic jumper in the agony of defeat. Love it.

Not sure I love the Ralph Lauren outfits for the US though.
Ralph Lauren?s 2014 Olympics opening ceremony outfits are 100% made in the USA - NY Daily News

SuperG 02-06-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchKarin (Post 4976154)
I love the Winter Olympics. We will be watching. I have super fond memories of watching the Winter Olympics with Jim McKay and that shot of nordic jumper in the agony of defeat. Love it.

Not sure I love the Ralph Lauren outfits for the US though.
Ralph Lauren?s 2014 Olympics opening ceremony outfits are 100% made in the USA - NY Daily News

Men's US Hockey Team wearing those RL outfits will look ridiculous......

SuperG

alexg 02-06-2014 08:45 PM

After spending $50 Billions (official version) and the labor cost on par with any 3rd World country, have anyone seen the photo of the bathroom with two toilets side by side? A three bed bedroom for the NHL hockey players that resembles an orphanage?

**** Edited by Admin - political ****

misslesleedavis1 02-06-2014 08:46 PM

I would but they are poisoning dogs on the streets and that to me is not cool.

GSDav8r 02-06-2014 08:47 PM

I'll be watching the hockey games, that's for sure!! Well, I'll at least watch as much as I can. :) I love speed skating and the downhill events as well.

alexg 02-06-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 4979554)
I would but they are poisoning dogs on the streets and that to me is not cool.

"They" are doing the same to the "inconvenient" people, so why stop there?

misslesleedavis1 02-06-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexg (Post 4979578)
"They" are doing the same to the "inconvenient" people, so why stop there?

I guess they just keep going.

Muskeg 02-06-2014 08:57 PM

I have friends on the US cross-country ski team. I will be watching them, maybe even live-streaming in the middle of the night. US skier Kikkan Randall is the gold medal favorite in cross country sprint races. I know cross country skiing is considered boring, but the sprints can actually be quite exciting. So here's my plug for the skiers!

And I also like watching ski jumping, downhill racing, and snowboard tricks. No idea how I'll find the time to watch much, though. Someday, I hope they'll add skijoring (with dogs) to the event schedule.

llombardo 02-06-2014 09:02 PM

I will not watch or acknowledge anything that has to do with or is the cause of homeless dogs being killed.