German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Mall Shooting in MD (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/404154-mall-shooting-md.html)

Stevenzachsmom 01-30-2014 11:24 AM

Mall Shooting in MD

I am angry. I am angry that a cowardly loser can't just take his own life, without taking the lives of innocent victims. I'm angry that this happened too close to home - in my state and to kids around the ages of my own. I am angry that people can't go for a day out at the mall, or to a simple mall job, without the threat of being shot or killed. And.....every day, I am angrier at the Baltimore Sun for giving sooooo much press to the pathetic piece of crap who did this. Four days in a row, there have been stories about Darion Aguilar. Today is the first day the story hasn't included a picture of his ugly face. But - it is still the front page news and headline, "Police: 'Mall shooter was 'ready to die'." And - it's still a 2 page story. Enough of him. I don't care about his life. Nothing can undo or explain why he did what he did. I'd like to see some attention given to the victims and their families. I would like to see pictures of their faces and hear about their lives - lives that were cut short, because someone else was ready to die.

jocoyn 01-30-2014 11:49 AM

I fully understand your anger and feelings and share them with you. As people reply, I want to let the new folks know that we have a zero tolerance for political posts. This is not political yet :) but could easily go that way.

Sp00ks 01-30-2014 11:55 AM

There are some very unstable individuals out there. I too understand your anger. The media does not help by glorifying the perpetrator. The fact that you know his name is exactly what he wanted.

truckola 01-30-2014 12:02 PM

Yep, seems some want to be "famous" but don't want to work for it. The media seems all to willing to help them achieve it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

LoveEcho 01-30-2014 01:04 PM

The sick part is the people in the newspaper, broadcasting offices who get EXCITED when stuff like this happens. "Score, we're going to sell now!" There's no such thing as integrity of any kind in journalism anymore.

Up where I am, in one of the shadier cities, there was a rash of random stabbings as part of a gang initiation. People just walking down the street, ambushed and stabbed to death. Not one time was there ever any mention of the victim's families, etc- it was all about the perps. No coverage of the memorials, etc. Absolutely disgusting. It seems like it's a pretty well known fact that people like this operate largely for the ego-centrism and the notoriety, so it's such a vicious circle...

ken k 01-30-2014 01:13 PM

not to be political, but the news media wants you to hear what they want you too

LoveEcho 01-30-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken k (Post 4934114)
not to be political, but the news media wants you to hear what they want you too

Sensationalism sells.

ken k 01-30-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveEcho (Post 4934186)
Sensationalism sells.

thats the word I couldn't come with, yes

truckola 01-30-2014 01:55 PM

I think it's "If it bleeds it leads"

dogfaeries 01-30-2014 03:17 PM

My son worked at Zumiez for two years (in NY). When I heard the news report, it scared the crap out of me. The thought of someone going into the mall and killing 2 employees. I'm at a loss.