German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   May lose a pet tomorrow (non gsd) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/385330-may-lose-pet-tomorrow-non-gsd.html)

MiaMoo 12-23-2013 02:10 AM

May lose a pet tomorrow (non gsd)

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know where else to post this, but I am upset and felt like putting it down in words somewhere.

I got a male veiled chameleon in October, his namme is Pickle. He's grown like a weed in just two months and has been a fat, healthy chameleon the whole time. I left this morning for Christmas shopping amd was gone all day, and when I got home this evening had found that he had fallen from his branch perch into his water shallow tray (what catches water from his dripper). I have no idea when he fell in, he could have been in all day. It's a very tall mesh cage, so he severely injured his legs in the fall.

Now my healthy chameleon has been rendered completely immobile.

I have made him as comfortable as possible for the night and will be taking him to the vet early in the morning. I am fully expecting for him to have to be put down, as I can't imagine there is anything they can do for his fragile little legs.

I feel so awful, and I am dreading the vet trip. I've not even had him three months, and he has been so amazing.

Also, I'm sorry if the image is too large, I am on mobile and have never uploaded an image like this before. But that is Pickle from me getting him at two months, and then two months later.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

erfunhouse 12-23-2013 02:15 AM

Loosing any pet is difficult, not just a dog. I am so sorry! We have had a hard year this year as three of our seniors have passed (two ferrets and one GSD).

Shaolin 12-23-2013 02:26 AM

I'm so sorry, hon. Many, many hugs and good thoughts to you. It's hard when you lose a pet, no matter if they have fur, feathers, or scales.

BellaLuna 12-23-2013 03:36 AM

Oh I'm so sorry. I know how you feel as I had my own scare of losing a pet this weekend. Never an easy thing.

MiaMoo 12-23-2013 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you all. I took him to the vet this morning and the outcome was not near as bad as I had prepared myself for.

His right arm was broken, so she wrapped it up against his body to keep it in place. Now I have 2 weeks of syringe feeding/watering my immobile chameleon until his bandage can come off and he can (hopefully) walk somewhat normally again.

The wrap is rather adorable, though. :o

vrosa 12-23-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaMoo (Post 4715186)
Thank you all. I took him to the vet this morning and the outcome was not near as bad as I had prepared myself for.

His right arm was broken, so she wrapped it up against his body to keep it in place. Now I have 2 weeks of syringe feeding/watering my immobile chameleon until his bandage can come off and he can (hopefully) walk somewhat normally again.

The wrap is rather adorable, though. :o

good luck with the recovery! he looks dashing in his outfit by the way.

MiaMoo 12-23-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrosa (Post 4715258)
good luck with the recovery! he looks dashing in his outfit by the way.

Thank you! He's rocking his flower cast.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

BellaLuna 12-23-2013 02:23 PM

Aww I hope he gets well soon, he looks cute as a button though:)

misslesleedavis1 12-23-2013 02:25 PM

So he is totally adorable in his flower cast :) :) and its obvious he is Loved :)

Shade 12-23-2013 02:56 PM

That's good news, sending wishes for a quick and full recovery :) The flower cast is absolutely adorable :D