German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Gift question... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/380385-gift-question.html)

Liesje 12-12-2013 11:41 AM

Gift question...

I am getting a puppy in a week and a half and the breeder is in TN. Another local couple is getting a puppy from the same litter and offered to bring mine back to me since they already made arrangements to drive down and get theirs (they are good friends with the breeder). Since they are saving me a 3 day trip or several hundred in shipping costs, I got them some gifts but I'm not sure if it's sufficient? I got them a $50 gas card, am making a gift bag with puppy supplies (bully sticks, chews, puppy toys, treats), and I am somewhat famous among my peers and family for my version of Chex Mix so they are getting a batch of that. Do you think that is enough? I know they would have done it for me anyway they already planned to visit their friend, but I am EXTREMELY thankful for this favor! I will also be sending along supplies for my dog (crate, pail, food, chews, toys, some cleanup stuff, and old t-shirts I've been sleeping in).

Lilie 12-12-2013 12:30 PM

Hec, I'd make the drive for some of your famous Chex Mix stuff! I love that stuff!!!

It sounds like your offer is well thought of and seems very generous.

Cassidy's Mom 12-12-2013 12:33 PM

If I were going to pick up a puppy for myself and there was someone else local to me that was getting a puppy from the same litter, I wouldn't expect anything from them if I picked up their puppy too since I wouldn't be doing any more than I would have done even if I hadn't brought their puppy home.

But some gifts to show your appreciation is a very nice idea, and I think what you've mentioned are things that are appropriate to the situation, and will be much appreciated.

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 12-12-2013 12:56 PM

I think your gifts are/would be very thoughtful and appropirate. The gas card is really nice and food particularly Chex Mix is great for traveling and the puppy stuff well lets face it never can have enough chewie sutff and treats. Great way to say thanks!

Shade 12-12-2013 01:14 PM

I think it's a extremely thoughtful gesture :) I'm sure they'll be thrilled with it

PS Post photos of the new cutie ASAP please! :D

Sp00ks 12-12-2013 02:22 PM

I think that is a very nice gesture and what you have done is more than enough. The gas card and Chex mix is enough.

MichaelE 12-12-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilie (Post 4661001)
Hec, I'd make the drive for some of your famous Chex Mix stuff! I love that stuff!!!

It sounds like your offer is well thought of and seems very generous.

I too would been grateful just to have the Chex mix! I love that stuff!

ozzymama 12-12-2013 04:07 PM

That is a very kind and thoughtful gift. As others said, if I were doing the same as these folks, I would not expect anything. Unless you make really good lasagna, then I'd tell you upfromt I wanted one ;)

Remo 12-13-2013 08:36 AM

I think you are being very generous!

And, are you willing to share your Chex mix recipe?

GatorDog 12-13-2013 08:44 AM

That sounds like more than enough to me! So excited for you!