Broken Toe! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Broken Toe!

Tonite Ammo managed to lung at something behind me while I was standing on his lead and either dislocate, or more likely break, my toe. It is rather painful, but will hopefully heal ok.

This brings me to my question; what is the worst injure your dog has ever caused you? Someone has to have something better than a broken toe so I won't feel bad. Also the funnier the better, I could really use a good laugh right now!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Pan bit my hand (not biting me on purpose) but I had some deep punctures and torn flesh. Had to go to the ER for x-rays, stitches, and antibiotics.

The first week I got Indy, she popped her head back while I was petting her and I cracked my front tooth (for the THIRD time). Luckily the dentist repaired it again for free.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

I was going full clip downhill on a 12 speed road bike, my friends Aussie was chasing. Sydney(yeah, real creative there) cut in front of me. I folded up the front end and ate asphalt at about 35 miles an hour...in shorts. Ow.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well I did not get hurt, but last winter I had this brilliant idea of taking Jonas out in the back field when we got the big snow here in PA. I got all snow clothed up, put on my new snow boots and grabbed the new 50' lead I got him. I always let him take his favorite toy out with him, so we grabbed that and away we went. We was out there about ten minutes and everything was roses...Then it happened. This rabbit came trotting by Jonas and off he went. In the mean time I did not see the new 50' lead I was so proud of was wrapped around my feet. All I can say for only 1 year old, that boy was strong LOL He must have dragged me 10 feet through deep snow. I felt like the biggest idiot on the planet. Jonas kind of looked at me with his smile. I said that's it were going back in the house. I looked like the abominable snow man. Luckily nothing was hurt but my pride. I watched you tube for weeks after that, to make sure my neighbors did not record it and post it. Enjoy your chuckle
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Almost 5 years ago our 2 females at 7 months of age pulled my wife off her feet and shattered her elbow. 3 surgeries and the addition of a steel radial head and she has regained about 80% use of her arm. All this over them chasing a leaf blowing in the wind. Still have the dogs and my wife wouldn't have it any other way.
Valkyrierider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

My two oldest dogs don't like to be separated. I went jogging with the male and the female threw such a fit my husband said to bring both next time. Well, she kept running in front of me, or stopped to smell something or my favorite....ran around me catching my foot in the leash and spraining my ankle.

yeah....she does not go jogging with me anymore. After that she's lucky if I walk her....j/k about walking her.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Thanks everyone. My hurt toe feels better. It hurts less after reading everyone else's injuries, especially the chattered elbow (ouch!).

Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I've got a nice front bite teeth shaped scar where one managed to bite the tug slam it into me and then catch part of my abdomen with it. You can see all four teeth involved.

I hear you on the head popping back thing. My lab is one of those english line ones with the big box shaped heads, and he used to throw his head back every so often and I've caught the back of his head with my mouth several times. Luckily no dental work required, but it easily could have happened. I've gotten off fairly light so far. I've had a buddy tear his ACL to the point of needing surgery and a ton of recovery time due to a hit he took to the legs decoying for a dog in a trial.

Last edited by Baillif; 12-11-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Baillif is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ankle sprain here. He supprised me one morning trying to lunger towards a truck going by and my foot was on the edge of the sidewalk. Of course it rolled and I went down like a sack of taters. Cruz turned around looked at me and then came over and laid down beside me. That was like three months ago amd it still gives me fits.

No injury but the most common thing he does is stopping to sniff something in front of me. I don't know how many near misses I've had almost doing headers over him.
jafo220 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Not a GSD - But I had my daughter's Beagle on one of those stupid retractable leashes - my sister and I took him outside to go potty. Somehow he manage to clothes line my sister right behind the knees and she nearly did a perfect flip. She was sore, but nothing broken.

I laughed so hard I ended up on the ground too.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.