German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   I live in Tucson, AZ and... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/227370-i-live-tucson-az.html)

Verivus 02-20-2013 03:08 PM

I live in Tucson, AZ and...

It is currently snowing!? Can summer tires even go on snow safely!? :confused: Hope none of this freezes in the road before I leave in an hour to get to work. :crazy:

Bear GSD 02-20-2013 03:15 PM

Snow day in Tuscon??? I gues h*** froze over :eek:
I hope you make it in to work, enjoy it while it lasts :)

BTW, you'll be ok with the tires, just go slow if there's ice.

Snickelfritz 02-20-2013 03:17 PM

I don't think it will stick! It was 68 degrees yesterday:wild:But it is coming down pretty hard! We're over on the eastside. Vail is going to get it worse lol.

Bear GSD 02-20-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snickelfritz (Post 3013858)
I don't think it will stick! It was 68 degrees yesterday:wild:But it is coming down pretty hard! We're over on the eastside. Vail is going to get it worse lol.

Send it on over (I actually think it's on it's way) we really need the snowfall. Our precip levels are way low, we really need the moisture.

The funny thing about Colorado is it could be in the 60-70's one day and we could have snow the next...wacky weather!

Verivus 02-20-2013 03:26 PM

I did see the weather report mentioning a "winter storm", but I didn't think that was possible here, lol. :crazy: But you're right, it doesn't seem to be sticking even though it's still falling. I work on the east side and I live by Reid Park. Bear GSD you can have this snow. :)

Snickelfritz 02-20-2013 04:11 PM

I can't believe that it's still snowing at 1:00! Lightly but still coming down.

My husband's phone warned of a blizzard last night lol.

You can have this weather Bear GSD, our weather has been as crazy as a menopausal woman this year!

Snickelfritz 02-21-2013 01:38 PM

It was snowing again when I went to bed and it stuck! There is still snow on the ground in my backyard at almost 11am.

Did you make it home Verivus?

Liesje 02-21-2013 02:28 PM

You don't need special tires unless you live where it snows a foot at a time on a regular basis. I live in west Michigan where it snows from Oct-May and don't use special tires. I have a normal front wheel drive minivan and have driven through snow and ice for the past few weeks because my neighborhood streets are not plowed or salted. Just give more space between you and the other vehicles and if you slide or spin out, don't over correct the wheel just go with it.

Jax08 02-21-2013 02:36 PM

You don't need special tires if the State/County/Township takes care of the roads. Pennsylvania is HORRIBLE and the only way I've gotten home a few times is because I have Studded Cooper Weathermasters.

OP - Go slow, don't ever react if you slide and give yourself plenty of time and space.

KZoppa 02-22-2013 05:55 AM

If you slide, take your foot off the gas peddle, turn your wheel INTO the slide and the vehicle will usually correct the skid. Don't usually need special tires unless you get a lot of snow.

I'm in Colorado Springs and we got a pretty good amount of snow. People were getting stuck on hills most of the natives know to avoid when you're sliding on flat streets. I had to dig my SUV out in front of the neighbors house and struggle to get it up where it needed to be. I had to dig it out this morning to drive my friend to work too. I love driving in the snow but sometimes... there's a limit. lol. My area only got about 7-8 inches of snow, which is the most we've gotten in years and its still sticking. A few miles further down they have a foot and a half of snow. We're supposed to get another 4-6 inches of snow friday night and some more on sunday.

Enjoy!