Lost another neighbor - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Unhappy Lost another neighbor

I live in a four unit building and a little over two years ago, the upstair neighbor kitty corner for me decided to kill his 6 year old grandchild, his wife, and himself(over a custody battle). It was a sickening situation, mostly because of the little girl

Well Friday when I got home at 6pm, my upstairs neighbors were fighting. They have been here for about a year and the guy fixed stuff around the apartment and did odd jobs. They fought about 3 times a week and they were heavy drinkers. I liked the guy, but I didn't trust the wife, I thought she was crazy.

Back to Friday...my son called me at 6:45 to meet him, my dad, and my nieces and nephews at Chuck E Cheese(kids place) I left at about 7 or so. The kids decided they wanted to spend the night, so I left before them, so I could keep the dogs calm when everyone came home. I pulled up and there are a couple cop cars and a crime scene investigator. I jumped out and asked if I could go in, because the last time this happened we weren't allowed into the building immediately. They told me I was fine and at this time I noticed that my dogs were not barking...they were VERY quiet. This is not normal for my golden who barks at me whenever I came home. It was very much like they understood that the cops were good and they did not have a problem with them being there. My guess is that my dogs heard everything and probably reacted in the beginning, but immediately settled down as things moved forward. I wish they could talk.

The police officer came down to ask me some questions about the people upstairs. I then asked him if my dogs were bothering them and he said no, they were fine and I don't have to worry about anyone breaking into my house. They remained quiet while cops came in and out all night long. It turns out that the police got a call at about 7:28, we still don't know who called, the husband or the wife?? The police kicked the door down and found him stabbed in the neck. He went to the hospital and she went to the police department. They have two dogs, but I wasn't allowed to take them out or bring them to me Finally at 5am I asked them if he made it and they told me he didn't. Immediate shock on my end. The dogs were removed and put somewhere "safe", but the little one has epilepsy and I'm worried about her. My poor landlord is stuck with the car and all of their belongings. I feel guilty, because maybe I should have called the cops before I left because they were fighting. Maybe I could have saved his life. He was a good guy, always helping, cleaning snow off my car in the mornings, shoveling, etc. I hope that she never gets out of jail.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound

Last edited by llombardo; 02-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

omg thats horrible!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

That's insane. I'm sorry you've had a bad run like this. Please don't feel guilty; there was nothing you could've done to stop what happened.

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That's crazy stuff! And here I am whining about my neighbors new (2nd) chihuahua barking.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The crazy part is that I don't live in a bad neighborhood. Yes there are some creepy people, but those are very few and are teenagers or young adults. These are grown adults that lose it and don't think about what they are doing
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

i think you should move. murders and people lurking. move.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

you live in a bad building. move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post

>>>> The crazy part is that I don't live in a bad neighborhood. <<<<

Yes there are some creepy people, but those are very few and are teenagers or young adults. These are grown adults that lose it and don't think about what they are doing
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

That is horrible but how could you have known that thing's would end in such a tragic way. Nobody could have foreseen this.
BellaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Don't blame yourself....no way could you have predicted anything like that happening!!! Really a shame that the man died....am sure that the woman will go to jail for a long time...the dogs probably went to animal control tho....maybe you could call them since you know the medical history on the epileptic dog.

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
i think you should move. murders and people lurking. move.
I second this. You may not live in a bad neighborhood, but your landlord apparently can't screen tenants worth beans!
angelas is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.