Lost another neighbor - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

time to move !
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
i think you should move. murders and people lurking. move.
^^^This^^^ X1000.....

It wasn't your fault don't blame yourself. But move....

I was scared for a minute reading your post that something happened to your dogs (being quiet)......
Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony..RIP Your paw prints burned forever into my broken heart.
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas View Post
I second this. You may not live in a bad neighborhood, but your landlord apparently can't screen tenants worth beans!
The first set of people, the family that was a murder/suicide was as normal as anyone else. They did all the normal things a family would do and lived in the building for 5 years. We never seen that coming and it was quite a shock. My landlord did let me pick the new people that moved into that apartment and they are great As far as the latest incident, I thought the woman was a little off, but she tried to be nice to everyone...they as a couple had issues and she was abusive to him, he always walked away. The man was the building's maintenance guy and fixed everything that needed fixing. Other then them fighting, they kept to themselves, had jobs and loved their dogs, really nothing that would predict what happened. Its just so sad. I kinda miss hearing the dogs running back and forth, my oldest dog keeps looking up there when we are outside
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
^^^This^^^ X1000.....

It wasn't your fault don't blame yourself. But move....

I was scared for a minute reading your post that something happened to your dogs (being quiet)......
Originally I was scared too, because they were eerily quiet. I am moving, looking for a house, hoping more come on the market in the spring.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
i think you should move. murders and people lurking. move.
I agree, but I think the lurking bothers me more, because I don't know the lurkers. I did know the "killers" in both situations, but its like in both cases they just completely lost it. I wouldn't be surprised if the woman that killed her husband kills herself or attempts to while in prison. She was a depressed person that did things before she thought about it. I'm pretty sure she stabbed him, realized what she did, freaked out, called the cops, wouldn't answer the door which led to the cops kicking it in. I think that he was trying to leave and she attacked him, I don't believe it was planned or that she even realized what she did until it was to late.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This kind of stuff happens in every neighborhood.I would definitely keep an eye out for anything unusual and move as soon as possible.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

I agree that you should call animal control to see if the dogs are there, if you have any interest in caring for them. The wife might be talked by animal control into releasing them to you (at least the little one with epilepsy), so that you could foster it until a suitable home can be found. An epileptic dog will not do well in the pandemonium of a shelter environment.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
I agree that you should call animal control to see if the dogs are there, if you have any interest in caring for them. The wife might be talked by animal control into releasing them to you (at least the little one with epilepsy), so that you could foster it until a suitable home can be found. An epileptic dog will not do well in the pandemonium of a shelter environment.
I'm going to call them tomorrow. She is so tiny, she is a very small boston terrier. We don't have an animal control in town, so I don't know how it works. I hope they are okay. They are both good dogs and don't deserve to be passed around. I tried twice to get them Friday night going into Saturday. The police probably thought I was crazy because I was up pretty much all night with my stomach in knots. There was nothing I could do for either of the people, but I could help with the dogs. Technically I could even keep them in the apartment upstairs until its emptied by whoever is emptying it, so that they aren't with my dogs. I'm sure I could get them homes or into a nice rescue.
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.