What a crazy Sunday - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default What a crazy Sunday

My alarm woke me up at 6:30.

Cleaned the box and weighed the puppies, hauled water out to the kennels and cleaned them, fed all the dogs, let them run about a bit, settled them for the day. Entered the weights into the spreadsheet.

Got myself ready. Found Babs and Hepzibah's collars, and put their new licenses on them. Then let them run out to the Explorer, and got them in the back. Then back in to tie the back door shut (wind can get it open), and get my pop and the pineapple, I bought the other day, and drove to my sister's about 1.5 hours away.

Let the dogs out to potty and just loaded them back in when my sister drove in. She needed my car -- ick!!! I did not clean it out! Well I decided to move the crates into the back yard and let my sister take my car, while I took hers with the girls. They're six, but they still need booster seats.

My sister gave me a mapquest to a Chinese restaurant where there was supposed to be a Lion Dance. The info was not right. Did I mention I hate driving in the city? Well, there I am going north on 77, when I see some man jump out of his car, let the car go into the barrier, and run barefoot down the freeway trying to pull his belt off. Huh???

I am digging in my pockets for my cell phone to call the cops, and its not there. It is sitting totally worthless in my Explorer. With kids in the car, and no cell phone, I wasn't going to stop for any drug-crazed nutcase out there.

I saw a sign with a tiny to 90 on it. And I jerked the car into that lane, and too late realized it was 90W, I wanted 90E. Darn! I followed 90 W to the next exit, and came off an exit where you can't get right back on in the other direction -- one of the few things I like about Ashtabula County. So we are detouring around, I nearly killed us all, and finally managed to get back on 90E.

We found the location listed on the Mapquest. Luckily I passed up the Asian Festival to find it. Once we finally parked and found no restaurant, we walked down to the Asian Festival and did get to see the Lion Dance. I got the girls back to Seven Hills and let them direct me to the Japanese restaurant that also has Chinese. And then back to their house.

The kids put on their play clothes and I let them see Babs, and then let Hepzibah out. We went walking in the woods with her dodging deer poop. The weather was beautiful so we stayed out a good while, and then back inside for the pineapple, and for piano lessons, and books, and then I let them watch the Karate Kid. My sister's Indian roommate made a bunch of Indian food for dinner.

After my sister got home, I put the crates back in the truck and the girls, and I proceeded to miss the driveway and drive over the neighbors muddy lawn. My sister's drive is on a big hill, so I could not go forward at all, and kept slipping closer and closer to the giant metal box thing. Finally feeling defeated, I got my sister out there, and I pushed while she put it in drive and spun the wheels.

I then drove home completely covered wet mud.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Those are hard days, like the time when my mom drove into my porch and her trans went out (no reverse) and we had to push her out in the mud up a slope lol.
I kinda do feel bad for getting out of work this weekend now after hearing your story
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.