Anxiety much? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yup, meditation is the key. Once you learn how to meditate, you can do a few 5 minute sessions on a busy day and feel better. Alcohol doesn't help with anxiety, I feel that it actually makes it worse. I don't drink at all, mostly because I don't like the taste.

What's important from a medical standpoint is to get your vitamin D levels checked. Most Americans have low vitamin D which worsens during winter time. That by itself can cause a lot of anxiety and depression.
Sitz&Platz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Anxiety much?

I have anxiety disorder and panic disorder. I've been on mess for it since I was 16. I'm now doing hypnotherapy and am weaning off meds and doing amazing!! Talk to your dr. About adding in something for the anxiety. Meditation does help a lot also!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I used to feel that way often. Looking back a lot of it was not handling stress well. There was also pressure to be a perfectionist and control issues. I have one of those brains that will not shut off. So as others have said, prayer and meditation helps and getting a good sweat going from working out, every other day, long walks with the dog.

Here is a reference to a good book that may help you.
Amazon.com: The Feeling Good Handbook (9780452281325): David D. Burns: Books Amazon.com: The Feeling Good Handbook (9780452281325): David D. Burns: Books

Is there depression and anxiety in your family history? My father is generally an OK, good guy, but he doesn't handle stress well and tends to be anxious. My mother is depressive - very - and probably says the word " worry" in every other sentence. If one of your parents was like this, your brain may be trained to think like them, but with practice you can start to retrain or rewire your brain so you don't get those automatic "what if" anxiety thoughts.

Also check the fine print in the side effects of your medications - some may have the potential to increase anxiety. Hope you feel better knowing you are not alone.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yes I do, Sometimes I get worried about things that could happen or like start thinking about scenarios that might happen and I've had (what I think are) anxiety attacks before. I also get really scared about the possibility of losing my pets, either having them go missing or taken away. That is on top of the stress of regular things, I also get stressed out easily by things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.