Deciding to buy land in the country and build a house, not knowing if my husband's company would agree to let him work remotely after we moved there. It all worked out, after the house was almost finished he gave his work a couple months notice, said he was moving and would like to stay on with the company and work remotely. He offered up a 50% paycut. They accepted. We have to be very careful with our money, but four years later he has gotten a few raises and I don't need to work for us to get by.
That was scary, putting all our saved money into the land and house, not really knowing for sure how we would survive after we moved. Plus we didn't know how our relationship would handle being together 24 hours a day. Fortunately we are best friends and get along really well.
Niko: American Showline GSD 5 years old
Rosa: American Muppet Dog (GSD/Border Collie mix) 5 years old