So last year, I got in touch with a ferret breeder and we've been in contact for a while now. I want to get a hob (male) from her from a specific breeding.
She was going to do the breeding last year, but the jill didn't come into heat on time.
Well, she sent me an e-mail the other day saying the jill came into heat and she'll be doing the breeding sometime this month.
I'm now dying of excitement. I figure I'll have to wait until mid-May before I get my boy, at the EARLIEST.
Geez, the breeding hasn't even taken place and I'm vibrating with happy over here, LOL.
I did get to meet another hob from the same pairing (which is why I want one from this breeding specifically), and he was awesome! Very smart, very huge, and very smelly, lol! (He was just going into rut). His owner taught him to roll over, stand up, shake, spin, and a few other tricks. I have him added as a friend on FaceBook, and he has so many cute quirks and so much personality!
Here's a picture of me holding him when I met him last year. (He weighed over 6 lbs in this photo!)
So I figure I'll be able to cull my excitement a little bit, until I get confirmation that the mating has taken place. Then it'll go down, then spike again when the babies are born. And once the babies are born, the excitement is going to be boiling over until he comes home, LOL.
Wish me sanity! Haha!