Dreams! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dreams!

Oh my goodness! I had an awful dream last night! Now you guys have to tell me if you have ever had a dream like this!

So last night my dream was... I bought an electric collar to train Kono with on a field. So I put it on her and then I pressed the button to correct her when she was out in the field... And she falls down and dies. I try to do CPR on her and she comes back for a second and then dies again. :'( I was crying and it was just awful.

I then woke up, found Kono and gave her a big hug.

Have you guys ever had a dream like this?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers
PuppyKono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

nope! thats crazy! and I have some crazy dreams!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CAA, RATI 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Dream 1:
  • zombie chickens escaping from an overturned semi and a stereotypical sheriff (the kind you KNOW is going to die during the movie) telling everyone trying to evacuate to turn back into town and stay in their homes where,
  • Stephen King (the author) is driving around town at night on a zamboni looking for houses with lights on, those houses he goes into and kills everyone in there
  • and you have to get the scientist flying the space suited chimp in the back yard back into the house before Stephen King drives his zamboni of death down the back alley and sees the back door light on
This, I believe, is the result of a Resident Evil trailer followed by a KFC commercial while reading Thinner by Mr. King. I have no idea where the scientist and the flying chimp came from.

Dream 2:
  • running out of London, England with my dad and a horde of zombies chasing us (they already got my mom and sister)
  • we run almost all the way home (because there is apparently no ocean or thousands of miles between England and Saskatchewan) when dad falls and can't get back up
  • with the zombies gaining he gives me his gun (with one bullet left) and tells me to run
  • I run all the way home, down to my basement room, lock the door and wedge both of them closed and wait
  • zombies catch up, can't get through the doors so start breaking through the drywall
  • once they get through and are at the end of my bed I shoot myself with my last bullet (and wake up screaming)
I blame this one solely on the 28 Days Later trailer and proof I'd rather be dead before becoming zombie food or an actual zombie.

Dream 1 was hilarious once the sun came up but was darn scary just waking up from it. Really, ZOMBIE CHICKENS!

Dream 2, I didn't sleep for a week. Can anyone tell I am terrified of zombies?
angelas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

do you use an e collar?
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
nope! thats crazy! and I have some crazy dreams!
Haha! I've had crazier dreams before! That one was just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas View Post
Dream 1:
  • zombie chickens escaping from an overturned semi and a stereotypical sheriff (the kind you KNOW is going to die during the movie) telling everyone trying to evacuate to turn back into town and stay in their homes where,
  • Stephen King (the author) is driving around town at night on a zamboni looking for houses with lights on, those houses he goes into and kills everyone in there
  • and you have to get the scientist flying the space suited chimp in the back yard back into the house before Stephen King drives his zamboni of death down the back alley and sees the back door light on
This, I believe, is the result of a Resident Evil trailer followed by a KFC commercial while reading Thinner by Mr. King. I have no idea where the scientist and the flying chimp came from.

Dream 2:
  • running out of London, England with my dad and a horde of zombies chasing us (they already got my mom and sister)
  • we run almost all the way home (because there is apparently no ocean or thousands of miles between England and Saskatchewan) when dad falls and can't get back up
  • with the zombies gaining he gives me his gun (with one bullet left) and tells me to run
  • I run all the way home, down to my basement room, lock the door and wedge both of them closed and wait
  • zombies catch up, can't get through the doors so start breaking through the drywall
  • once they get through and are at the end of my bed I shoot myself with my last bullet (and wake up screaming)
I blame this one solely on the 28 Days Later trailer and proof I'd rather be dead before becoming zombie food or an actual zombie.

Dream 1 was hilarious once the sun came up but was darn scary just waking up from it. Really, ZOMBIE CHICKENS!

Dream 2, I didn't sleep for a week. Can anyone tell I am terrified of zombies?
AHAHA!! WOW! Those are some crazy dreams! I think the one I mostly remember is one from when I was about 7 where I was a GSD and I fought crime around a city in Antartica with the Abominable snowman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
do you use an e collar?
No I don't but I've been looking at some lately for training.

-Will Rogers
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I had a really annoying nightmare last night. I was in this neighborhood and I had a best friend. In the beginning of the dream there's a huge house fire and my friend burns to death. For some reason he blames me for his death and his charred zombie body comes back and he is intent on killing me. And he did. Multiple times. The dream kept replaying over and over and I was supposed to do something in the dream that would prevent him from either dying or killing me, but I didn't know what it was and I could never accomplish it. The only thing I ended up changing with my actions was what method he used to kill me. And every time he killed me the dream would restart and I'd have to go through the same panic and the horror of being hunted and killed all over again while trying to do something different so that my friend wouldn't burn to death or he wouldn't be able to kill me. I never figured out what to do though. The dream repeated about 9 times before I finally woke up.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
I had a really annoying nightmare last night. I was in this neighborhood and I had a best friend. In the beginning of the dream there's a huge house fire and my friend burns to death. For some reason he blames me for his death and his charred zombie body comes back and he is intent on killing me. And he did. Multiple times. The dream kept replaying over and over and I was supposed to do something in the dream that would prevent him from either dying or killing me, but I didn't know what it was and I could never accomplish it. The only thing I ended up changing with my actions was what method he used to kill me. And every time he killed me the dream would restart and I'd have to go through the same panic and the horror of being hunted and killed all over again while trying to do something different so that my friend wouldn't burn to death or he wouldn't be able to kill me. I never figured out what to do though. The dream repeated about 9 times before I finally woke up.
Wow! That would be frustrating. I had one similar where I had to protect my mom from being shot. I failed a couple times but she would come back to life and then I would have to protect her again. I hate dreams like that because they make us go through a ton of suffering until we wake up. Now was it a friend you actually know or was it some random person?

-Will Rogers
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyKono View Post
Wow! That would be frustrating. I had one similar where I had to protect my mom from being shot. I failed a couple times but she would come back to life and then I would have to protect her again. I hate dreams like that because they make us go through a ton of suffering until we wake up. Now was it a friend you actually know or was it some random person?
It was a random person that my dream made me believe was my best friend.

It was really frustrating and scary, it was like being inside a video game I couldn't quit!
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell

I dreamed that I was taking Jolene out for the morning walk, and she bolted out the door jerking me out and I fell down the steps atop her and killled her.

The next morning it started to happen like that and I yelled HIKE! HIKE ! HIKE! (the sled dog run command) and she took off at warp speed. I would have killed her and hurt myself badly, also maybe dying if I had NOT done this. I ended up falling on my stomach about 3 feet from the steps. Neither she nor I were hurt, but boy was I shaken up.
Powell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I had a dream last night that one of my horses died. I was very upset by it. I saw my husband walking out to the barn with a chainsaw. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Making dog food." I turned and saw all four dogs sitting at the kitchen table with napkins folded in their collars, holding knifes and forks waiting for my husband to return with dinner.

I started screaming at my husband, "Which one? Which one was it? Tell me! Which one?' and I woke up.

It was one of those dreams where you wake up feeling emotionally spent. It was bad enough, but I can't figure out why it was so important to me to find out which one of my horses died.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.