I HATE this wonky weather!!! - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
Well, when summer hits and we are in the triple digits, you can make me cry and post your forecast.

We haven't had a single night below 32 yet this winter. That's going to make for a busy bug summer.
Yea I see not really any chance of rain too. That is scary when you think about it.... Ok you can keep your nice weather
Loneforce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri & The Gang View Post
Yesterday it was 65 here. Dogs and I played outside for a couple hours - it was awesome!!

Woke up this morning to rain. Let the dogs out and within 15 minutes it had turned to hail. Now it's snowing.

Ugh - MAKE UP YOUR MIND Mother Nature!!!
Ugh, I Hear ya!! Mother nature is bi-polar and isnt taking her medicine.

Anyways yep- yesterday would have been awesome if it wasn't RAINING CATS AND DOGS all day. Today I wake up, more rain...and now the ground is covered in snow and the wind chills are going to be in the negatives tonight!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elite Member

the warm temps and rain we are having, have killed skiing for a bit.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Tonight it's -35C(-31F), -45C(-49F) with the windchill. At this point I wouldn't mind some wonky weather .
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master Member

Default I HATE this wonky weather!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoransbear View Post
Tonight it's -35C(-31F), -45C(-49F) with the windchill. At this point I wouldn't mind some wonky weather .
Hopefully what were getting will go west instead of east for you. We went from -35 with windchill to +10, it's crazy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Courtney M.
Gaia-GSD 03/09/2012
Cuervo vom Kiebitzende 07/01/2013
gaia_bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
Master Member

The weather up here in Ontario is off as well ... we were in a deep freeze last week, then I didn't need a winter coat with rain yesterday. Now over night we had a flash freeze and everything that was wet has frozen. I prefer it stay cold enough to keep the snow around instead of this freeze and thaw cycle we are on. Yesterday was a messy day to be a dog owner ... Even after drying off Jake's paws, I still went through 3 Swiffer pads yesterday trying to keep the floor clean.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Another snow day for the kids. They've had school only 3 out of 9 days. Tomorrow doesn't look good either 6-12" of snow predicted.
Flash freeze here too, but we're getting lake effect snow on top so hopefully the roads won't be as icy.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Master Member

last week we had temps and wind chills in the single digits. Yesterday was 66.... ! Today is around 50 w/ 50mph wind gusts and tomorrow is suppose to snow. Pretty sure ill have pneumonia by Monday!

Tom

Penny - 9/7/12 (GSD)

Abbi -5/9/09-12/7/12 (GSD)
TommyB681 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

@onyx'girl and TrickyShepherd:

Not to hijack Laurie's thread, but I have the same problem with migraines brought on by weather fronts and pressure changes. They don't occur with every front, but when they happen, there is usually a front coming through.

Sumatriptan works great for me. My Internist prescribes it, so don't think you need to pay extra to see a neurologist for it. If I take one when the headache begins it will usually knock it out in a half hour. If it persists, another one will always do the job. No side effects that I have noticed (other than feeling particularly good and full of energy the day after!).. Like you Tricky I find that anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen only help a little. Even Vicodin doesn't touch that headache pain!
billsharp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Checking in from NE Ohio. On the 29th I was not out much because Jenna was having puppies. But it was raining and melting, and steams were rising all over the place. Yesterday there was high winds and a rain storm, warm, pouring, every white thing melted, and pouring and flooding. A few days ago it was 7 degrees. Today isn't all that cold, maybe 20-25, but the wind makes it feel so much colder.

I still think something is wrong with Babsy. Maybe a brain tumor. All my joints were hurting. Maybe she was too. But she has NEVER been afraid of storms or thunder or gunshots. Yesterday around dusk, the yayhoo next door started shooting off his huge gun. Boom, Boom Boom Boom, Boom, Boom Boom, Boom I think you get the picture. It was too dark for target practice, and Babs was trying to get into the space under my computer! This is so weird.

I took her outside, and she went out with me, and she pottied and we came in, and the booming continued. And she is trying to get under the desk again. What the heck is all that about?

She is weirded out by the puppy noises, and knows things are funky, but maybe she could feel this mother of a storm. Last night the wind was howling and blowing and the house was shaking and cold is coming right in as though the walls are non-existent. I went to sleep at 4AM, and was awakened by thunder and lighting, at 5:20. So much for getting a little sleep! But Babs was perfectly fine with that lightning and thunder.

Yayhoo has shot off that gun before without her being weenie about it. And my other neighbor who is even closer shoots squirrels out of the back of his house, and she has never bothered with that. Brain tumor. Something is still not right with her. She has a hot spot. Her bloodwork showed some toxic something so they wormed her, though no worms were found by them, or the lab they sent the samples to. She is still eating hit and miss. And she is snoring now. She is staying closer to me when I am there.

Anyhow, I know I am OLD now. The wind and blowing out there reminds me of the winter of '78. Driving cold and blowing! And my joints are killing me. I don't know if it is the barametric pressure from the storm, and that is why I am thinking something going on in her brain. I think the pressure is changing her behavior.

I will be glad when this storm is over, and when the propane man shows up, and when the puppies start gaining weight. I am not sure what more I can do for Babs. I have taken her in, and we did the bloodwork, and they found nothing, and say she doesn't look a day over four. If he does have some malignancy though, I am not going to operate or do chemo though, so does it make sense to try and look farther? And I don't even know what they can still do. It is all just little behavior changes, and nothing really to be concerned with, like aggression, or pain, or lack of mobility. She had lost weight, but has already gained it back again. And the bloodwork is fine, so I am crazy. But there is something going on.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah

Last edited by selzer; 01-31-2013 at 12:19 PM.
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.