So, I Don't Normally Ask For Things Like This... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Nor do I generally talk about my life in depth on the forum like this...But if you guys could send good vibes, prayers, thoughts, energy, whatever you believe in...My way, I would so appreciate it.

A while ago, we're talking probably about a month and a half ago (If not more), I applied for this huge Photographer/Digital Tech position paying a hefty hourly wage plus medical benefits. Now, as many of you know by now, Photography means so much to me, and to land a job like this would be my dream. It asked for a resume to be faxed in, and that was all, no contact number, no email. I did what was asked...Weeks went by with no response, so I just let it go. I then get an email saying that they would like an interview, so I set one up, went in and found out that out of fifty applicants I was one of nine that was chosen for an interview. That, in and of itself made me feel good. After the interview, they let me know they would be narrowing it down to three people for a second interview and would be getting back to me within a weeks time...

A week goes by, I get an email, and find out that unfortunately I was not chosen to move forward with the interview process. Oh well, life moved on. I emailed back, thanking them for the opportunity and asked if there was anything that I may have done differently so that I improve upon my interviewing skills for future job opportunities. They said no, that I had interviewed very well, it just came down to the fact that essentially my previous scope of work did not fit their requirements. Understandable...I have the technical skills to photograph all kinds of subject matter, but my portfolio didn't necessarily reflect what they were looking for.

Fast forward to two days ago. I get another email from the gentleman I had been in contact with. Apparently the position still has not been filled and the stack of resumes was shown to the Studio Manager. Low and Behold, she picked my resume out of the stack and asked a stronger look had not been given to mine.

They want a second interview with me before a final decision is to be made!!! I get a second chance! I don't know how, or why, the universe has given me the opportunity...But I am so grateful.

The reason I'm making this post is because I need all the good, positive energy that I can get. I don't care what you believe in, that is of no concern to me, but If you guys can believe in me and wish me luck I would be so thankful. My interview is Tuesday at 11a.m. I'm nervous, giddy, happy, scared, anxious, and excited all at once. I know this is no guarantee, but it's at least another chance to show them that I'm qualified and and hungry for this job!
sending good vibes and prayers your way.hope you get what you wish for and IS GOOD FOR YOU!
bellamia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

As they say, everything happens for a reason - even if you have to figure out what that reason is.

I didn't get into my first pick college, which I tried valiantly to get into. 9 years later, I don't think I'd be where I am today, no where close, if I had.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Good luck!!!

Sending lots of positive vibes your way!
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks everyone

I'll say it again...I don't know how, or why, the universe has given me this second chance, but I am so grateful. Initially, I wasn't chosen to be narrowed down to one of the three remaining applicants for this position...Yet here I am, given another opportunity to prove myself. Why the Studio Manager plucked my resume out of the huge stack of them...Again...I don't know, but it amazes me, and makes me feel incredibly humbled.

Why they still haven't made a decision between the applicants that are left (Two? Three? I don't even know how many they've narrowed it down to now), I don't know...But now they want to throw me back into the mix. Why? I can't answer that either...But it makes me want to prove myself even more. I'm so excited and elated, nervous, but confident that I can go in there and do this.

Even if I don't end up getting the position...Just having gone through this whole process is humbling enough and I am content with the experience in and of itself.

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Good luck Melina!!! Life has made you a strong and capable person, I am sure those great qualities as well as your talent will be obvious in your interview!
Good_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wishing you the best of luck!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

You definately have the eye. Beautiful work !!!! Good luck !!!!

"Kane" 2-12-09

“I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.”
Cesar Milan
bunchoberrys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks everyone...Interview is still today, but they asked if they could push it back until Noon, so I have another hour to dwell on it, haha.

I'm so excited and nervous all at once....

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography
http://www.melinadphotography.com
Melina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Thanks everyone...Interview is still today, but they asked if they could push it back until Noon, so I have another hour to dwell on it, haha.

I'm so excited and nervous all at once....
You go knock their socks off! You own this one, Melina!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #30 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Good Luck!!! No matter what, you've already come so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.