Don't 'fit in' on this forum? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #21 (permalink)

Don't worry, I'm a moderator and usually don't fit in!
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Don't 'fit in' on this forum?

Thanks for the laughs about the "thread killer" lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catz View Post

Rio is never mentioned on any of the "Who's dog would you dognap?" or "Your favorite forum dog" threads (or anything similar) while the same dogs are mentioned over and over again.

I actually don't know how you go about integrating yourself into a forum or how you get to know people.

I join in, post pictures and comment onn lots of threads but I never feel like I'm remembered.

Maybe you have to be around for a few years or something?
^this is exactly how I feel! I don't feel remembered. Maybe it's cause I'm "newer"...? I just would like to get to know people on here, some people on here are pretty good friends (whether in real life or not) but I feel like a lot of you guys are the only people who understand some of the things I go through as a GSD owner. It's refreshing, I guess I just am jealous some have made some good friendships on here! Maybe its cause I'm younger (22), yo no se! Anyways, I really do enjoy reading a lot of the regulars posts on here and seeing pictures. Hope some people look forward to my postings.

I just need to meet some real GSD people, bc since I'm young, many people don't share my love for this breed. They'd rather drink and party.

I swear I'm nice... LOL!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master Member

Sounds to me we are a bunch of murderers killin' threads and such..Lol
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdlover91 View Post
Thanks for the laughs about the "thread killer" lmao!

^this is exactly how I feel! I don't feel remembered. Maybe it's cause I'm "newer"...? I just would like to get to know people on here, some people on here are pretty good friends (whether in real life or not) but I feel like a lot of you guys are the only people who understand some of the things I go through as a GSD owner. It's refreshing, I guess I just am jealous some have made some good friendships on here! Maybe its cause I'm younger (22), yo no se! Anyways, I really do enjoy reading a lot of the regulars posts on here and seeing pictures. Hope some people look forward to my postings.

I just need to meet some real GSD people, bc since I'm young, many people don't share my love for this breed. They'd rather drink and party.

I swear I'm nice... LOL!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I feel young also because I'm 20, and I wish I could make awesome friends on here like other people do!
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I always look at your pictures and read your posts! Sometimes, what I was going to say is already posted. I think that happens alot so you think you are being ignored.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just an FYI - there are some cases where some folks can't see the pictures posted. My work IT has a block so that I can't see some of the pictures. I suppose it has to do with the way they are posted, because some I can see.

Also, while at work, I can't see any videos or FB links.

I remember a thread a while ago where there were a few folks who fell into the same problem due to IT police.

So sometimes, it isn't as though I don't find a dog pretty or a video interesting. It's just that I simply can't see it.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't care for picture threads or "my dog is the greatest GSD in the world" threads because I think my dog is the greatest and nothing else can come close to him (sorry guys). So I just don't look at those. I also have issues with writing about how great your 2 month old puppy is so I can't stand to read those threads either. I know people are all excited about their dog, but it sometimes feels like they think theirs is the only one that learned how to sit on the first day (funny thing is I don't mind if someone tells me this in person, but something about writing it just gets to me). I feel the same way about some people (breeders) writing about how great the dogs they produced are, just makes it seem like they think every other dog out there is complete crap and can't measure up.

I think most people are more interested in the training/problem threads. The threads that are just like "hey look at my GSD" usually don't get much posting. Some get a lot of views, but not everyone is going to post "beautiful dog" each time.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

How can anyone not look at picture threads? I love picture threads!

But I've often felt like I was a thread killer too but obviously we are all unique individuals, just like everyone else.

I am glad you started this thread '91. I feel the same, and BTW, I know who you are!

http://redheadsrocketsandramblings.blogspot.com/
RocketDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catz View Post
I actually don't know how you go about integrating yourself into a forum or how you get to know people.

I join in, post pictures and comment onn lots of threads but I never feel like I'm remembered.

Maybe you have to be around for a few years or something?
It might help to add some info about your dog to your signature. We've been inundated with new members since the board was sold two years ago, and it can be difficult to keep up and remember who is who. Being able to associate a username with the dog/s really helps me. I often click on a thread, having no idea who the person is from their username, but as soon as I see their DOG'S name, I make that connection - oh, yeah!

BTW, I've been here for almost 10 years and I can STILL kill a thread, lol! I do remember feeling ignored and invisible for quite awhile when I first joined, and we didn't have new members joining at nearly the rate we do now. Mostly the people I remember are those that I've known for a long time, or have had PM convos with, or have dogs that are particularly memorable to me, for a variety of reasons.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

It is terribly difficult to give feedback on every post and every thread with a board like this.
Doesn't mean that people aren't reading and appreciating your contribution. With limited time, and a very busy board to monitor, I spend most of my time just reading. Sometimes I respond or comment here and there, it does not mean that the other threads are not being appreciated.

I see every post as part of a bigger whole, carrying the conversation forward, even if that post or thread was not singled out in some way.

I find that this board has a certain feel and a certain energy, and you are all contributing to that, in positive, helpful ways, though I understand that not getting feedback at times is discouraging.

But you are assuming the worst, when it takes the exact same mental energy to assume the best: that everyone is LOVING all your pics and posts, and feel too intimidated to say anything.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.