What's The Most Difficult Thing You've Had To Do? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

There have been many "moments" in my life that I thought it was the most difficult, then something else comes up that seems in that moment the most difficult. Too many things to list, but some how I always get thru.
I often remind myself of one of my husbands favorite saying "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" I am strong like Ox!
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear GSD View Post
When I was 8 my mother decided to leave the family and go back to Japan. She told me she was leaving and made me promise not to tell my father. I knew for months and couldn't tell anybody. The hardest was watching her get on the plane and know that that was the last time I would ever see her again.
What a burden to put on an eight year old child. I could say mean things about your mother here but I'll let it go.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Elite Member

The hardest thing I've ever had to face? ( Other then say goodbye to every beloved pet I've ever owned.) The loss of my father. I was at work. I was called into the office for a phone call. It was my sister telling me my dad had died the night before in his sleep. I started screaming.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitta View Post
What a burden to put on an eight year old child. I could say mean things about your mother here but I'll let it go.
Yes, it was definitely hard on an 8 year old, but what was harder was helping to raise my younger siblings at that age. It was definitely hard, but it made me the person who I am today and I don't think I would trade that experience if I could.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Geez...life is hard and so many choices to make.

I moved out of my father's house when I was 17 and lived with a friend. The whole situation was devastating to me and I slept for months. Then I moved from MI to PA to live with my mother and stepfather, where I was very much not wanted, so moved out of there my senior year and into my own apartment. Lived with my current SO, had two kids, left him for 4 years which may have been the hardest thing I did because of how much it affected my kids but didn't realize this until later and how much was missed while shuffling the kids back and forth but living with him at the time was no longer an option. Completely switched jobs, quit one to go to school at the age of 32 (lots of uncertainty there) but done with school and working. Buried at 18 year old brother in 2004. That was by far the most devastating incident in my life. The only way to top that would be to bury one of my own kids and that is a fear I live with every day because of the loss of my brother. There are so many things that happen in life. I try not to dwell on things and move on.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Elite Member

Having to tell a dear friend that her Fiance had passed away just a few weeks before their wedding.

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
There have been many "moments" in my life that I thought it was the most difficult, then something else comes up that seems in that moment the most difficult. Too many things to list, but some how I always get thru.
I often remind myself of one of my husbands favorite saying "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" I am strong like Ox!
I know that feeling. Each time you face one of those things it seems like nothing could be worse and then life just throws another curve ball at you.

We had a few years when we lost my father,then my husbands father, my mother and his grandmother it seemed almost back to back the last two happened just 3 days apart.. and it was one crisis management to another. It was awful, but we got through and now looking back it was also some of the best times with the kids growing up and being involved in so many things.

You just keep pushing forward and enjoy the good stuff don't dwell on the bad. We moved 5 dogs and two teenagers from one state to another from one of the hottest summers on record in Phoenix to one of the coldest winters on record in Northern Nevada. We were in a 22 ft travel trailer for a week and then in a small rental for about 4 months waiting for the house to close. Again we got through it all and have some great stories to tell.

Even losing a heart dog, I've lost two my husband has lost one. You feel like you will shatter into a million pieces, like a piece of your soul has been ripped out but then another dog comes along and makes you smile and a little piece of your heart is restored. Maybe there are still some big gaps some pieces that can never be replaced but I'd rather have those missing pieces than missed out on all the joys along the way.

There is a Kellly Clarkson song, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I love that song and put it on max volume when I'm feeling sorry for myself.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

There's a bunch of things,but one of the 'first' things was when my now husband and I sat down with my parents to tell them that were were moving to South Carolina.My parents liked him,but they weren't really ready for me to move. I was pretty adamant about it and while they didn't want me to go, they knew that I had made up my mind. It wasn't all smooth sailing of course,but we made it through ok.

Besides that, putting a few of my animals to sleep is next in line. After a dog that I pretty much grew up with died while I was in college, I said that I would never have another animal because it hurt too much. Well that didn't last long.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My father's death (cancer, 1980); multiple miscarriages; undoing my own doings and accepting the consequences, bad and good that has come.

Our hardships make us stronger, each one more than the one before, and chisel us into the people we are today. Thanks to each of you for sharing these difficult times you have endured.

http://elsieflynn.blogspot.com
http://www.dogster.com/?41847
elsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to zivagirl

Giving birth 10 weeks early, the fears and tears associated with it - and being present as preemies in nearby isolettes left this realm. The tears of other mothers......fathers....the unanswered prayers.......

....and allowing myself to be too blinded by the battle to make note of and celebrate every single blessing along the way. The things we learn in war!
zivagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.