Losing touch with the forum - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I sometimes take a break from message boards (currently I'm a member of two GSD boards ... I was a member of AOL's Pets Boards until they started messing around with them too much, that's when I left and joined this board) ... but I've noticed some people are heavy posters then drop out of site never to be heard from again, others come and go, some are there for the long run. I assume we lose members for various reasons ... changing life styles, got other interests, not enough time, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #32 (permalink)

Right now I have been making up for lost time with my projects. I took time off to train Kaylee and now I have to finish up where I left off on my personal projects. So majority of my time has been music, my rattie Tyr, and Kaylee. Those three things keep me pretty busy. I pop on and off and if I see something where I might have some useful input I will post.
KayleeGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #33 (permalink)

I tend to rotate through boards. I'm not really sure why usually. Sometimes there's a concrete reason like too much drama, or a moderation change that I don't like (for example, I used to post on another dog forum that got a new moderation team that clearly played favorites, letting some posters get away with murder while coming down on others for minor infractions--fair moderation is one of the biggest things I look for in a forum). Others, I just get bored of. I usually wind up posting a lot during the winter but will sometimes take a break of months during the summer due to my work schedule and just not having time, and often I just don't feel like coming back after I haven't posted for awhile. It's not even intentional, it's just that the site gets pushed off of my "most visited" splash page and I just don't think about it. So if I suddenly disappear when the weather turns nice and never come back, you guys will know that I'm probably not dead.
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Abutiu "Abi"-ACD puppy and hopeful future SAR dog!
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.