Opinion on taxes? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
We've paid to have H&R block do ours for years now. I use to complain to the wife that it was a waste of money and we should do it ourselves, I'm glad she didn't listen to me. We received a letter last spring informing us we were being audited. The IRS wanted proof that our children were actually our children and that they reside with us. No big deal right? send them school records and medical records ect... nope not that easy, they will reject some of it and ask for more. One IRS agent told us they didn't consider the last packet of information we sent them and he's not sure why Huge pain in the butt, the IRS is a defunct organisation. I'm glad we used H&R block, they are earning every penny we paid them. Here's the fun part, we received a letter letting us know they agreed that 3 of our 4 children are ours! And do we accept this determination? Lol! NO! We do not! So the fun continues.

You do not have to do anything wrong for the IRS to become a huge pita!
Isn't that why we have birth certificates? I don't get it. How can the IRS dispute the existence of children?
I'm one of six children, and my parents got audited a few times to prove they really had six children.
Ares
asja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asja View Post
Isn't that why we have birth certificates? I don't get it. How can the IRS dispute the existence of children?
I'm one of six children, and my parents got audited a few times to prove they really had six children.
Birth certificates don't prove residency. If someone else was able to use my child's ssn (identiy theft) then the IRS wants proof that the children do indeed live with us or something like that, were not completely sure. What I do know is they are very picky on what they will accept as proof. School records are the best, but they have to be on official letterhead, transcripts without notorization won't do. In the age of HIPAA, medical records aren't very helpful either. Unless your kid is sick often, you won't have enough "visit summaries" to cover 6 months of the calendar year they are investigating. Very frustrating!!! Having help from H&R block has taken some of the stress out of it, but knowing we're in the right and having to jump through hoops to prove it
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elite Member

This is the first year, since I graduated college 8 years ago I'll be using a CPA. Every other year I've used TurboTax online. This is with two LLC's, stocks, etc.

Now that we are married, with a house, investment income, income from intellectual properties, eh - we need someone to tell us what to do, LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.