Just one of the places we play - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Just one of the places we play

After reading so many posts about how people have such few options on where to bring their dogs to play, I realize just how lucky I really am.

I live in the burbs of Ottawa .. about 10-15 minutes from right downtown. And yet, if you own a car, there are so many places that you can go to with your dog. Better if they have friends to play with.

Here's some pics (from left to right, I did a full circle) of where Kyleigh and I spent this morning with her friends the dane and the boxer. It is a beautiful morning, -1 with lots of snow falling. Three hours was enough to make her one EXHAUSTED puppy ... who will hopefully be crashed long enough for me to watch my first NHL game of the season!

We didn't see another soul for the entire morning - which I find really sad because I know there are tons of dogs out there that would LOVE LOVE to have the morning running around here!
Attached Thumbnails
Just one of the places we play-img_0251.jpg   Just one of the places we play-img_0252.jpg   Just one of the places we play-img_0253.jpg   Just one of the places we play-img_0254.jpg   Just one of the places we play-img_0255.jpg  

Just one of the places we play-img_0256.jpg  

Last edited by Kyleigh; 01-19-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Kyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Looks like a nice field to run in. We have many areas to run our pups as well. Woo hoo! NHL hockey is back! Go Canucks go! .....And then there's the other side of me which is a little bitter about 2 lockouts in less than 9 years. Living in Spokane we have the Chiefs, so we always have excellent hockey to watch with or without the NHL.
Nigel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Looks kind of like where we went hiking today-but we're not in Ottawa
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Nigel - I'm a bit bitter too ... the money aspect of it is so frustrating ... they make soooo much money and then to argue about more?

Not sure what other teams are doing, but Ottawa has sold out it's first home game (19 000 seats for Monday) and gave away about 5000 tickets - of which I won 2 - just for getting coffee between 6:30 and 7 a.m. ...

The dogs had such a blast this morning it was so fun to just stand there for a while and watch them run ... fresh snow falling makes it so much prettier too!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Enjoy your game today and have fun going on Monday! It will be a while before I get to go to Rogers arena, too much money going out the door for other things (@ the vet as I type lol) Tuke likes to hang out and watch the games on tv with me, so its all good.
Nigel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I've found a lot of 'hidden' areas that my dogs love. The ones that have excellent recall get to be off leash and it makes for a good place to use a long line to work with the dogs who don't have a reliable recall yet.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Probably the only thing I miss about my ex... his friend worked for the Rapids so he was always getting free sport tickets with excellent seating, and I liked going to Avalanche games with him haha. Probably the only sport I like to watch outside of Soccer.

I guess I'm spoiled that I live and work in the beautiful foothills of Colorado :P Plenty of great places to take my dogs.

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.