Well worth it.. but OUCH! That was expensive! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

I've had a Rainbow for about 17 years now. I was wigged out when I had 3 cats, and was worried about hair. Then we added our GSD's and fosters . . . cats were nothing. But, the investment was a good one -- we have had no issues and it really is a great vaccum. The only draw back is the tank -- to fill, dump, etc. It is great for your weekly vaccuming but I need something easier for daily. I'm going for the DYson DC-41 as soon as I get my next Kohl's 30% off coupon. Thanks for the info!
gsdmi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Watch woot.com too. My Dyson (DC14) was half off back when I got it during a woot-off (so it was $250 instead of $550). That was almost six years ago and it's still going strong. In fact I will be devastated when it dies, all of the newer Dyson models have less suction, smaller canisters, shorter cords, etc.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to zivagirl

Not sure if I could ever go to a filter machine again. Water just made sense, though it is convenient to have something for the quick pick-up.
zivagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

We've had Hoovers and a Dirt Devil,but I tink it's time for us to invest in a more quality vacum. I buy a lot of stuff off of Amazon and think that would be a good place to get one.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
That's so funny! I just bought a Dyson DC39 (the canister rolling around version of the one you've gotten), just this week!

And I LOVE it! It's been so great, especially with Juno's shedding.

I had a Dyson DC06 before that, and I'd worn it right into the ground. So this is like a serious improvement. The first time I used it, I was kinda embarrassed at how much it actually picked up. Even though I'd just hoovered the house the day before I got the new one, the canister had to be emptied twice and was so fully of rubbish. lol

LOL I use "hoovering" too because my best friends are from Scotland. In fact, we have a very funny hoovering story, but it's probably not appropriate for this forum.

So which Dyson is best if you have mostly hardwood with just a little carpet upstairs? I have a Kirby right now and it works awesome but it's sooooooooo heavy and I hate dragging it around.

Suggestions?

http://redheadsrocketsandramblings.blogspot.com/
RocketDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Congrats on the new sweeper! I bought a Shark about three years ago and it was the best investment I ever made. It was scary to see what the sweeper picked up!

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks everyone! I am pretty excited about it. My last vacuum was about to explode.... I was happy to be able to retire it!

After reading a lot of reviews, I felt this was the best way to go. I also got it at a low price because of my work discount, and some other credits we had with the store. Hopefully, it lasts for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnick<3 View Post
There's nothing like a good vacuum and a premium central ac/heat filter to help with allergies in our sunshine state!
No kidding!! Thankfully, now we have both... and I'm already feeling much better! Florida is a bit rough when it comes to being comfortable. Anything to make it easier!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
That's so funny! I just bought a Dyson DC39 (the canister rolling around version of the one you've gotten), just this week!

And I LOVE it! It's been so great, especially with Juno's shedding.

I had a Dyson DC06 before that, and I'd worn it right into the ground. So this is like a serious improvement. The first time I used it, I was kinda embarrassed at how much it actually picked up. Even though I'd just hoovered the house the day before I got the new one, the canister had to be emptied twice and was so fully of rubbish. lol
lol I had the same thing happen last night when I used it..... so gross. It was a bit embarrassing for me too! I am OCD on keeping my house clean... but, UGH! Gross. The last vacuum definitely did NOT do a good job.

Glad it will be better now. I went crazy on cleaning the floors and furniture last night. haha.
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
LOL I use "hoovering" too because my best friends are from Scotland. In fact, we have a very funny hoovering story, but it's probably not appropriate for this forum.

So which Dyson is best if you have mostly hardwood with just a little carpet upstairs? I have a Kirby right now and it works awesome but it's sooooooooo heavy and I hate dragging it around.

Suggestions?
Haha! I'd like to hear hoovering your story!

Gotta say, I'm delighted with our DC39 Animal. I very very nearly got the DC41 Animal (like what TrickyShepherd got), but I've got mostly hardwood floors with just a bit of carpet on the stairs and landing and a few rugs. So I figured the 39 would be better for our house. Plus I got it for a steal because it was on offer. (Normally it's €450, but I got it for €230. Epic Win!)

The DC39 has got a "triggerhead" with a beater brush that adjusts up or down depending on what you are hoovering over, so it's ideal for either wood/tile floors or carpet without having to switch out the head.
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

congrats; i just got a dyson 2 weeks ago!!!!!!! love it cant believe how much dirt it sucks up, and i never have to bend down to do anything, my back thanks me everytime i vacuum.
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorihd@comcast.net View Post
congrats; i just got a dyson 2 weeks ago!!!!!!! love it cant believe how much dirt it sucks up, and i never have to bend down to do anything, my back thanks me everytime i vacuum.
Exactly! It's so much easier for me. I did all the floors today, and cleaned the dogs room.... I didn't even break a sweat and my back is fine.

I'm very happy with it so far.
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.