Anti-drinking ad - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
It's definitely memorable and rather hard hitting. But to be honest, it's not a patch on the anti drinking adverts we get over here. Our ones are downright traumatizing.
I saw a PSA here that was pretty sick on texting and driving..I'd like to see one of your ads.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It is definitely a commercial for adults. If even one adult saw himself in the commercial, it would be great. I wouldn't be concerned about the kid actors. They are acting too. Heck, little kid actors are in horror movies also.

I never drank and never will. Real life hits harder than a commercial ever could. Talk about messed up. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver, when she was six years old. The driver lived across the street from "Brenda's" house and was her Daddy's drinking buddy. He came home drunk one day and hit a lamp post. Brenda was sitting on the front steps. The lamp post fell on her head. Of all the things I remember, I remember Brenda's older brother talking to the son of the man who killed her. (They were all of 10 years old.) He said, "My father's going to sue your father for all he's got." The look on that little boy's face is forever etched in my mind. He had the weight of the world on his shoulders and had done nothing wrong. I decided not to drink, when I was six years old.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"disturbing"
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I doubt a true alcoholic would see himself or herself in that ad. But the SO of that alcoholic, the other one who is raising the children, active and concerned close relatives, well it may be a wake-up call for them to see exactly what someone's substance abuse problem is doing to the children in their lives.

Unfortunately, often the non-addict is just as sick as the addict in those situations. The addict does not see his addiction as a problem at all, and he does not see how it affects others. The non-addict sees the addiction as the source of all problems and at the same time generally enables the addict to continue in that addiction. Both parents can be pretty blind to how both of their actions are affecting children.

Sorry, this is not a new problem, I don't see any answers to it. If it stuck to people who are on the fringes of society, the down and out, the uneducated, you could fight those problems to try and reduce the problem. But it actually crosses class lines and people who you would think have everything in the world, should be as contented with their lives, may have the problem. It is hard to have answers to problems that totally befuddle you.

If the people I am thinking most about while watching this, watched this, the addict would probably not see it at all, and the non-addict would use it as another hammer to pound on the addict with. It would spur the non-addict to increase the behaviors that totally do not work and the addict will use that behavior to react further by getting drunk and angry.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
I saw a PSA here that was pretty sick on texting and driving..I'd like to see one of your ads.
WARNING: They are graphic.

This was one of the first of a series of hard hitting ads they regularly used to air out here:

This one is for speeding:

And this one is for not paying attention: Actually this one was filmed near my house and my husband used to go to school with sister of the girl with the eyebrows at the end.

Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

another crazy video on drunk driving!!

I drink but I make sure not to drive later!

Kaiser: DOB 13-Nov-2012
Bundle of joy from 17-Dec-2012 to 06-Feb-2013
ankittanna87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Everyday we get home alive is a lucky day...

Unbelievable how lucky I was 20 years ago but I'm still paying for it each and every day with a bad leg because somebody drove too fast and ran me over.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The ones from Ireland are really hard hitting.

Dakota had to comfort me.
Caledon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

That was very disturbing , to say the least...So much heartache ..so much senseless tragedy...very sad stuff....
Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post
WARNING: They are graphic.

This was one of the first of a series of hard hitting ads they regularly used to air out here: DOE Drink Driving Road Safety Ad - YouTube

This one is for speeding:
Greed for Speed! - Timpiste- I can't take my eyes off you - Irish - YouTube

And this one is for not paying attention: Actually this one was filmed near my house and my husband used to go to school with sister of the girl with the eyebrows at the end.

Pay Attention or Pay The Price Road Safety Ad - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankittanna87 View Post
Please Drive Safely (WARNING! Graphic images) - YouTube

another crazy video on drunk driving!!

I drink but I make sure not to drive later!
now these are video's that work. the OP video, not so much, though it's directed towards another point.

I'm all for enjoying a good adult beverage, but responsibly. cab rides are not that expensive. most even take debit/credit cards now. far cheaper than paying just to be able to get a lawyer's advice. however people for the most part are stupid.
skew12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.